Benelli M2 mag extension, sling attachment?

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
Getting way ahead of myself here. Months away from even having the M2. And that's if no big budget sucking surprises pounce me - and they have been pouncing the crap out of me the last couple years...

But, anyway... Getting an M2, plan is 24". Going to put a mag extension on it, likely a Nordic, but possibly a DMW.

What have you guys done or seen for sling attachment with the magazine extensions? I see Nordic has an adapter that goes on the barrel band to screw a sling swivel too, but it's not clear to me if a rifle style swivel stud goes there or a type of sling swivel I'm just not familiar with.

Suggestions? Comments?

- DAA

P.S... Any one know if the +7 fits the 24" without going past the muzzle? A little google-[beeep] and reading last night left me not too sure either way. Know I'll be able to measure it myself and be sure with shotgun in hand. But I ain't got shotgun in hand
laugh.gif

Thanks!

- DAA

P.S.S....

the [beep] setting is ridiculously sensitive. If that was a swear word or offensive in any way, it must not be in English. Least not any English I've ever heard.

- DAA

Thanks for the leads!

I just looked at them both. I might be missing something, very possible. But it doesn't look like GG&G has anything to work with the extended mags, all three options I saw are to replace the factory plate, which goes away with the mag extension (I think?).

Troy has a sling swivel that would work with the Nordic picatinny mount. But I'd rather not use the picatinny if I can avoid it. Just seems like an awful lot of unnecessary "stuff" just to put a darn sling swivel on a shotgun. Not to mention, by the time I add the Nordic picatinny and that swivel, I've spent about $75 just to have a front sling attachment. I might be tempted to go total red neck and just put a double hank of paracord around it at that point
laugh.gif

Like I said, though, I very well may be missing something.

- DAA

I use a standard benilli +3 I believe on my m1s90. It doesn't have a quick attachment but it does have a slot much like on the stock where you can attach a sling with webbing buckles.
Crappy pic that don't show much.

Lance, something like that would work just fine for me.

I may not even have this right. Just from the reading and a few pictures, it looks and sounds like if I put a Nordic MTX +6 or +7 tube on, I'll lose the factory swivel plate. But can get an adapter for the barrel band, that a swivel can be screwed on to. I'm just not at all clear on whether that would be a rifle style stud that screws into that adapter, or a different type of swivel I'm not familiar with.

If that Nordic adapter just takes a plain old rifle style stud, I'd be in business with the swivels already on the slings I already own.

I have seen the parts I'd need to use the Nordic picatinny mount that goes on the barrel band. Just do not want to go the picatinny route. Too much to spend to put too much junk on the gun just for the sake of a sling attachment.

Thanks!

- DAA

Originally Posted By: crapshootI use a standard benilli +3 I believe on my m1s90. It doesn't have a quick attachment but it does have a slot much like on the stock where you can attach a sling with webbing buckles.
Crappy pic that don't show much.

I use the +2 Benelli extension. Slot on the stock of my M1S90 Tactical and a slotted plate up front.

I have the Nordic tubes on both my 21" and 24" both flush, im pretty sure the 24" is a +6 but a quick call over to Nordic and they will be able to tell you, good folks over there.

as far as slings, I did the rail, its not that bulky, and I can just switch from one to the other if I want, although its kind of annoying that it is on the side

another alternative is maybe getting a gun case with a sling on it, ive used mine a few times in the winter, that way I can set the shotgun on the case instead of the snow if need be. its just a simple case but its got a small pocket on it that I can store junk in if I need to.

good luck, if I get time ill dig the 24" tube out and measure it.

The m4 has a slot in front of the fore end that the sling slips through, then a slot in the stock. The M2 extension has the same set up that slides behind the original tube cap.

I have the 7" Nordic tube on a SBE2 w/26" barrel and use the band. It is a regular type rifle stud and ya can flip it to either side. And you would have plenty of room with a 24" barrel.

Originally Posted By: littledawgI have the 7" Nordic tube on a SBE2 w/26" barrel and use the band. It is a regular type rifle stud and ya can flip it to either side. And you would have plenty of room with a 24" barrel.

Cool beans. That will take care of that!

- DAA

Its funny how a person changes over the years. I started off with my trusty ol wingmaster 870 with the ability to put 4 in the magazine 1 in the barrel. Worked great and I killed alot of coyotes with it. Then I went with a Benelli M2 a few years back and IMO its the best shotgun out there. Shot it stock, for the first year or two, 3 in the magazine 1 in the barrel and that worked great. Then I decided to get an extension tube 7 in the magazine and 1 in the barrel. It to has worked great. But lately I have went back to the stock setup. Reason why is that very very rarely did I shoot more than 4 shots at coyotes on a stand maybe once or twice that I can think of. And I really don't like how the gun feels with that many shotshells.Very top heavy. So I went back to stock and I like it much better.

I've wondered how it's going to effect feel and handling having a long tube of shells. Going to have to try it and see for myself though
laugh.gif

This is the first year I've tried a shotgun on coyotes. And I haven't been carrying it that much, still mostly toting my .17P. But, this year already, I've killed four pairs with the shotgun, should have had a fifth pair, one of the pairs should have been a triple. Have had to shoot two different coyotes three times with the shotgun (yeah, I know, but it happened...).

Been on two rifle stands this year, that we killed triples (me and my partner combined). One of those, if I had been carrying my shotgun instead of my rifle, I'd have had good shots at four coyotes.

And I have this solo shotgun coyote quad fantasy kicking around in my head
laugh.gif

All adds up to, I'm keenly interested in expanding my magazine capacity and speeding up my follow up shots. But, who knows, I might end up back with the factory magazine setup too? Ought to be fun finding out.

- DAA

Yeah I totally understand that Dave. That's exactly how I felt when I bought my extension. You have to try it yourself to decide whether its worth it or not. And you might really like it.

Back