Buffer Tube for AR from rifle lenght to mid-lenght

Windyhill

I have a RRA Operator 223 16 in bbl mid length gas tube ,, building a 6.8 SPC to match its looks but has a 18 in bbl with mid length tube . Would I need to change the buffer any ?

Friend is building a 18 in bbl 223 with rifle gas tube ,, can it run on a carbine buffer ?

TIA

gas system doesn't affect which buffer tube you use. If you want a fixed stock, use a rifle buffer and tube. If you want an adjustable stock, use a carbine bluffer and tube. NEVER put a rifle buffer in a carbine buffer tube.

I knew the buffer was different between rifle n carbine ,, didn't know the spring was .. guess will build it and see what happens

As long as you use all carbine or all rifle parts for the recoil system it will run fine.

Are you sure your operator has a 16" barrel with a mid length gas system? Most carbines have a carbine length gas system. I know the operator has a special purpose, with the mid length the recoil will be a touch less.

Been putting together kits of different styles the last couple years ,, Wife's boss wanted a RRA Elite Operator 2. Luck fell into my lap that week and they had them on sale with free shipping so I bought two to speculate on the second one ,, This was just before the election and almost bought more thinking the worse outcome of the election ,, glad I didn't now ,,
Was first time I had handled RRA Elite Op 2 and it really has a good feel to it , like the stock also ,almost like it has cheek piece with the battery storage compartment on sides of it.
Got a 18 in SPC bbl from member here and going to build a almost twin to the 223 with it ,,

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=628

Back