What are you guys using thermal wise to scan with?

Originally Posted By: SledgeI always run mine on the external pack. It's never had AA's in it. I turn mine on as soon as I get out of the truck and it's on the whole time so maybe that has something to do with it.
I'm sure the OLED display perform better, just didn't want someone reading about LCD screens freezing and think it happens all the time.
I had mine freeze up last year when temps hit 20f or below. Sent it in to sellmark and supposedly they did some type of update and never had an issue again.

Originally Posted By: bleasOriginally Posted By: SledgeI always run mine on the external pack. It's never had AA's in it. I turn mine on as soon as I get out of the truck and it's on the whole time so maybe that has something to do with it.
I'm sure the OLED display perform better, just didn't want someone reading about LCD screens freezing and think it happens all the time.
I had mine freeze up last year when temps hit 20f or below. Sent it in to sellmark and supposedly they did some type of update and never had an issue again.

That is good information, glad to hear that there is a fix. Curious what was done though

Does anyone have any experience with both the hd19a and the ir patrol 250? Is the ir worth the extra $4k? How far can you detect a human size object with either one?

I see the ir patrol 250 xr can detect a human at a mile. Does the xr give up some clarity at the closer ranges?

Originally Posted By: Cooper WoodsHas anyone tried the flir scout tk? Is it just for around the house or does it have any hunting applications at all?

I played with one at the local cabelas. In the store is quite different than outside, but I couldn't see using one myself. It might be ok for spotting cottontails hiding in the shelter belts, but I don't think it would work to good for predators.

Back