T3x

tripod3

Swapped a shotgun so
Decided to try the new x and chose the new palm grip which is more vertical plus fatter.
Got optilok rings, and a Zeiss conquest HD5 3-15 for the close ones.

[img:center] upload[/img]
[img:center]
6pqjbl.jpg
[/img]
21j3on5.jpg
[/img]

Sorry, it's a .22-250 Superlite model. Nice balance. Hope to shoot it pretty soon and see if that grip is as nice as it already seems.

Got it mounted, the front optilok base has a stop pin and these are the 1" low version. So plenty of room for caps as the scope end measures 50mm O.D..
The Conquest HD5 3-15x42 suits my hunting and has metal caps.
If I can call them in under 100 yds it should work.

2le2kr6.jpg
[/img]

30392s5.jpg
[/img]

The grip has more traction than normal, the swell gives a fuller feeling for my large hands, allowing a solid one hand grasp.
The angle is certainly different and comfortable. It lets my trigger finger adjust more freely.
This was something I had to consider unknown for awhile. It was about $19 extra with a 3 min swap.

15 shots down the new tube today, these are the last five.
Shooting factory loadded Remington 50 gr AccuTip.
It has been my experience with Tikka's that the groups will start to tighten up after 100 rounds.

21bnerr.jpg
[/img]

I have a t3 lite in 22-250 the only factory round it likes is the cheap Remington brand 45gr jacketed hollow points. They come in the green and white box. Ive tried all the expensive stuff. I hunt with that bullet and so far it kills em with authority.

Originally Posted By: GCNice... How does that grip feel?

I recently picked up a T3x varmint 223, haven't shot it yet but I do like the grip. Like tripod said, more vertical which I like and the texture feels better to me than on my old model T3 stocks.

Originally Posted By: bkauzI have a t3 lite in 22-250 the only factory round it likes is the cheap Remington brand 45gr jacketed hollow points. They come in the green and white box. Ive tried all the expensive stuff. I hunt with that bullet and so far it kills em with authority.

That surprises me as I have had a number of Tikka's now. Most will shoot winchester white box 45 gr well. The Accutips have been consistant across the board. The winchester supreme noslers are a backup for me.
Good you found a factory round that does the job.

Just a sliver under 7.5 lbs mounted, fluting helps weight and balance.

25qunpz.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tripod3Originally Posted By: bkauzI have a t3 lite in 22-250 the only factory round it likes is the cheap Remington brand 45gr jacketed hollow points. They come in the green and white box. Ive tried all the expensive stuff. I hunt with that bullet and so far it kills em with authority.

That surprises me as I have had a number of Tikka's now. Most will shoot winchester white box 45 gr well. The Accutips have been consistant across the board. The winchester supreme noslers are a backup for me.
Good you found a factory round that does the job.

Just a sliver under 7.5 lbs mounted, fluting helps weight and balance.

I agree with the Winchester white box 45gr. Mine shoots those extremely well, and they're the cheapest 22-250 rounds i've seen for sale where I am. Only other factory round I've tried are Hornady Varmint Express 55gr. It didnt like those as much. Maybe too heavy?

Back