Never owned an electronic call, what's the best?

The "best" is what you are most confident with. For me, that's a foxpro. But there are 2 new calls out that have peaked my interest. The lucky duck and the bullet. The icotec stuff does not impress most guys I know that have used a high end foxpro

Any one of them will call in predators, some have more bells and whistles than necessary and some have great advertising none of which is absolutely necessary to call in predators. Is FoxPro better than WT, no, is WT better than FoxPro, no - both will put game in front of you. I have both and recently bought a Lucky Duck which I think will become my primary caller. Have no fear in buying a FoxPro, WT or Lucky Duck.

tried the long away around on this subject. started with the Johnny Stewart corded and cordless, then the Minaska M1, FoxPro FX3 and finished with the FoxPro Shockwave. FoxPro Shockwave is now my primary caller and the Minaska is my back up. sold the rest.

I have the FoxPro Shockwave - Love it!
I have the FoxPro CS24C - Love it!
I have the Lucky Duck Revolution - Love it!
I have the - ?? Shoot I cannot remember the brand! - Don't love it or use it!

It is the one that is shaped like a Radar gun?? It will come to me!!

Originally Posted By: lowtempguruI would look at the sound library offered as a major factor in any E call brand choice or purchase

Yep, what he said!

I have used many different brands of calls, if i was going to buy a call it would always be a foxpro, and i would lean toward the CS24 models with the tx1000 remote.

I hunt open land area's a lot and like the sound level.

I have used a Prairie Blaster since they came out. I love it, use it.. Wouldn't buy it again because of the sheer size and weight. You don't carry that thing in your hand all day. I had to get a pack to carry it. (12#s with the battery) it gets heavy by the end of the day if you are holding it. But, it's a great call, and can drown out even a furry when i crank it up. (it gets unbelievably loud. Its not unusual to see a coyote running in after 10 minutes with it's tongue hanging out to the side and panting. (the plus to this is that i can cover a lot of open ground in fewer stands than others)

Good luck
just remember, buy once cry once (get the one that matches your hunting style), and look at the customer service. They all break at some point.

I call big open country in Southern Sask and have found the Foxpro Shockwave the best for my style of calling. Super loud, directional speakers, manageable size and excellent customer service. Only downside is the steep price but with coyote prices here well above $100 its not such a hit on the pocket book.

You will never regret Any Foxpro with the TX1000 remote.

I currently use the Shockwave and honestly don't see needing another caller EVER. The directional speakers, volume and sound quality are the bee's knees to me!!

Originally Posted By: YotecallrI'd take a long look at the Primos Alpha Dogg. Amazon price $177.00 Very good reviews all over the internet.

Yes, and they even have a $30 mail-in rebate right now: https://sporting.myonlinerebate.com/10793/

Wow. You get a lot for $150. My Amazon order via prime came in 2 days. That is kinda hard to beat, but that is just on price.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison to determine which one is better? I mean, ACTUAL field tests, not just what someone uses, because that is just confirmation bias.

Anything FoxPro.
grin.gif

I've only owned Foxpro. Started with a Crossfire, now have a Fusion. I've had zero issues with either one and the folks at Foxpro have been helpful and friendly when I've called them (once for help with first time loading sound files, once because i thought i fried my remote but it was just dead batteries). I would highly recommend Foxpro, particularly one with a TX-1000 remote.

Cant comment on other brands due to no personal experience.

Has anybody used the Western Rivers electronic call there's a guy here locally has one for a good deal but I see everybody with the FoxPro

I have owned and used WT MA21s(3), WT 2030MS, FP Krakatoa II, FP Shockwave, FP Fusion, FP Fury, a pile of other FPs and other brands.

My current goto is a Souped up LD Revolution and my backup is an APC Loaded FP CS 24C. I will let you conclude my recommendation(s) from there.

Merry Christmas Guys!

The only WR I had a while back was returned due to playing issues, that was 8 yrs ago.
A friend uses a Western Rivers and he has not had problems with his.
I currently run a FP shockwave & FP cs24c, with no issues ever.
Ive bought & returned 5 primos calls, due to bad field performance & 1 revolution call due to the remote design even though it has nice sounds.

WT Wildlife technologies is the best.

I owned a wt 2030ms and it was awesome. It replced my phantom caller i had. Then i thought i was missing out on somthing so i bought a foxpro shockwave.(one of their best callers). I was disappointed to say the least. It sounded fake and cheap and didnt have as much range as my old wt did. So i sold it and bought wt's newest ma-max caller. It is ear shattering and super clear with zero distortion. Have called in many animals in high pressure areas. Had a speaker issue one time and they quickly sent me a replacement no charge. Wont use anything else now.

Back