First Triple

dustinyotes

Last year I took my brother-in-law calling coyotes a couple times and we always had success calling them in but for one reason or another he was not able to kill any coyotes. He has also been out a few times on his own with similar results. We planned a coyote hunting trip for this past Saturday and it turned out to be a fun one.

Our first stand of the day was in a spot that we called two coyotes in last year so we new it had potential. After a couple of howls he whispered to me that there was one coming in to our left, he slowly turned his rifle and shooting sticks toward the coyote and number one was down. I switched the call to jack rabbit distress and a couple minutes later we had a coyote trotting in from our right to left about 100 yards out. I barked to stop the coyote and he dropped number two. I switched the call to cottontail distress and a couple minutes later a third coyote came trotting in straight in front of us and I dropped number three.

From another angle.

This was the first triple that I have ever been a part of and I was pretty happy that my brother-in-law was able to get a double on his first ever called in coyotes.

On our next stand I spotted a coyote about 400 yards out coming our way but it dropped behind a small hill, about 5 minutes later it showed up again about 100 yards out in the brush. My brother-in-law got the coyote in his cross hairs and pulled the trigger and CLICK he whispered to me to shoot so I swung my rifle over and barked to stop the coyote and we had number four for the day.

We tried a couple more spots but the winds were making the calling very difficult so we headed home.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Awesome job! Love it when it works like that. I thought it must have been windy, I can see the grass in your pictures is all swayed one way.

Good story, great pictures, good looking coyotes. Real nice calling country too. Kudos to all concerned on a job well done.

Back