Ruger American Predator .243

Collin

Just picked up a RA Predator version in .243 for $399 at cabelas. I am very excited to turn this gun into my new coyote gun. Also, purchased a new Vortex Daimondback 4-12x40 scope for it for only $129 at Bass Pro. The help I'm looking for from you guys is what ammo I should be running through it. I know it is going to take some range time to really figure it out but I'm just looking to get some advice on what to look for. I know Winchester makes a 58 grain varmint-x round which will probably be the first box I pick up. I appreciate any advice or experience with this gun.

I use to load 58 vmax and 65 they all work just fine.If your going factory rounds buy a few different weights and brands and see which ones groups best .
good luck

I don't yet hand load so I've so far tried the Winchester 58 grain Varmint X as well as Federal's 75 grain HP American Eagle. Both shoot very well out of my Ruger Precision. Absolutely awesome on prairie dogs!

I have the ruger .243 predator with Nikon 3x9 scope, love it. I use hornady 58 grain varmit loads. The rifle shoots them great and they have absolutely performed great.

The Varmint-X ammo shoots half inch groups consistently on my Tikka. It shot so well I didn't even bother working hand loading for it.

Back