Kross b0w KATT

Infidel 762

Staff member
In any town, headlights flow down city streets like blood thru veins. Cities are like living organisms in and of themselves, with humans acting as cells. There is a lot of life in these urban areas. A lot of human life that has forgotten the diversity of wildlife forced out thru our development. I cannot recall the last time I saw any buffalo down on Main Street.

It is very difficult to find something that does not exist. However matter and space are infinite, so I would find it foolish to say that “anything” does not exist, somewhere or tucked away in one of her dark corners. Between all things imagined are those with an existence that cannot be denied. Things that one can actually touch while remaining in-different to the business inside. I take note of how light silently attaches to the basic geometric shapes. Like our societies; some are absorbed and converted to heat, while others are reflected only to be transmitted to newer objects. At closer ranges their intensity always seems to drown out stars in the background.

It is that starless empty black from which I spent the better part of a decade experimenting with sobriety. Like the buffalo, in the urban environment freedom by the age of 27 felt lost. Lost in search of the perfect existence with the brightest stimulations in a downside uptown. I began to see a connection between the vandals’ spray painted graffiti and our primordial desire to carve our names into cave walls. I saw that without wild game, man instinctively prayed on fellow man. It then dawned on me; lack of the isolation I experienced in the country is what made the city feel lonely.

Here is not only fertile ground on which to stand, but rather something to stand for. Out here the greener pastures have yet to be paved and the air is always cleaner;

It is the instinct that makes us killers, yet it is our imaginations that process the time between the kills into holistic realities. Every deer season I spend countless hours as an observer as opposed to being the instigator. It is the observer who sees other solitary killers and within them, sees himself;

Last night, I set out with an idea and a crossbow to do a little doe management. I hung myself in stand above a wire, while below little bucks silently cross through the air like ghosts;

There is another in this draw who knows the serenity of solitude. A lone creature that lives in and moves like the shadows. I can probably count on my fingers and toes the number of times that I have seen a live bobcat without the aid of him coming to my call.

At or just after sunset, I caught movement on the fence line just inside the food plot. As I dug a hand call out of my pocket I watched this cat stalk the edge of the field heading away from me. I did a few low volume raspy cries and he turns around making a few strides in my direction. I start to calm myself readying for the shot when he steps back into the tall grass. I would catch glimpses of him slinking towards me as I called softly. He got closer and I lost sight of him, at this point I felt sky lined up in the stand. I felt if I called again or moved he would pin point me, did not know what to do so I just froze. A few minutes past and I was beginning to think he was gone. Light was fading when I saw him again at about 25 yards walking away. When I took the shot he jumped about 3 feet in the air and then bolted.

I found a little bit of blood and hair then looked for him for almost an hour with a flashlight. I went back this morning to look for him in daylight, I found him crashed under a cedar;

In this draw, cosmic energies blend with the nature of this world. For eons the natural forces of space have created magic in our wildernesses, even when magic was not practical. There has always been this connection and ever since there has not been a night void of the promise of mourning;

I also found a piece of art sculpted by nature. If you see the ends for what they truly are, they reveal connections yet to be seen;

Nature uses her own visual language to convey the compositions of her world. Though wisdom may not fall like rain, simply take a breath as she swallows her pride. Far from that city, where one can still reach up into the night sky and fix those dreams just right. It is exactly what you need to be forgiven and it feels like a change. No apologies just relax and let it ease your mind. Suffice it to say; gone are those early days of just another wasted year, these days all ascend and then fade into the night…

s/HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif[/img]

Nothing like the serenity of the woods to release all the turmoil of the city.

I can only remember two instances of seeing a cat which I had not called. One was a mama with two small kittens.

Thanks for sharing, Jeremy.

Regards,
hm

Every man is a hunter. Weather we are hunting that buck to feed us and our loved ones through the winter or hunting the next business deal to make a buck to buy what we need to get us through the winter. We are all hunters in our own ways. You are right when you say without game man prays on fellow man. I have thought the very same thing. A successful game hunt ends in a violent act. Violence without emotion. Man has to be violent to make his hunts successful. The feeling of a successful hunt and the resulting pride in providing for our loved ones is the natural order.
Without the hunt, without the pride of providing for our loved ones you are left only with a violent man.

Great shot on the cat!!

What kind of call is that? Looks like on old Lohman crow call? Just curious.
Great writeup btw, very inspiring.
Mark

you need to post more
Originally Posted By: utah yoteEvery man is a hunter. Weather we are hunting that buck to feed us and our loved ones through the winter or hunting the next business deal to make a buck to buy what we need to get us through the winter. We are all hunters in our own ways. You are right when you say without game man prays on fellow man. I have thought the very same thing. A successful game hunt ends in a violent act. Violence without emotion. Man has to be violent to make his hunts successful. The feeling of a successful hunt and the resulting pride in providing for our loved ones is the natural order.
Without the hunt, without the pride of providing for our loved ones you are left only with a violent man.

Great shot on the cat!!

thanks all . lonehowl i have had that call since kid and it has no markings
clarence, i have a several pics of half grown cats.

And we say coyotes are unbelievably tough. I shot a bobcat last year that I swear lost enough blood in 40 yards to supply an elephant. When the trail ran out I was sure it would be very close and dead. Looked for over 2 1/2 hrs. the first day and 1 1/2 the second ( with help) and never did find it.
Enjoyable, as always!

Wow, I can't find the words to describe your words! You really should be a professional writer if you're not already. Heck of a job on that cat, Congrats!

Back