Reccomendations

Merritt79

I am new to suppressors And I tried to order one last year. Instead decided to build a 308 and I want to suppress it. I am ordering a suppressor in Jan. And I thought I had it narrowed down to 2 companies. Until I walked in to impact Guns up in Ogden UT. The sales man over the class 3s was showing me a surefire socom 2 in a 30 cal. Impact is selling it for 1400 and I have also been looking at some dead air and some silencerco. Here is my list and prices so far.
Surefire Socom 2 1400
Silencerco spec war 849
Silencerco Harvester 608
Dead air sandman 829.
From my list so far what would you recommend.
Thanks
Rick Merritt.

I haven't heard the Surefire can you are referring to,

But out of the list you provided, I'd pick the Dead Air. I think their cans have a pleasing tone, at least to my ears.

I would suggest you also look at Thuderbeast Ultra Series and the SRT Shadow XL TI

The sandman s would get my vote.
thumbup1.gif
And they were born in Utah.

I have a Harvester, love it but don't have any others to compare it to. It's a lower rate of fire can than some but that works for what I wanted it for. Very light. And I had a baffle strike last summer and they repaired it for free and I had it back in less than 2 weeks. Sico for me.

From your list if you ONLY have bolt guns I'd choose the Harvester. I have one and the low tone is awesome. If you have AR's as well I'd go with Sandman S. You have been given other great choices as well though outside of your criteria of the list. The last can on that list I'd get is the Surefire.

I am leaning towards an omega. For those that own em does your poi shift after each shot? The reason for asking is a good friend of mine has one on his work rifle. 2 weeks ago him and I went out shooting. The first shot hit where it was suppose to then I hit left another hit low left. It was repeatable every time. After talking to him the pd that he works for asked for his rifle back due to either the suppressor or the barrel threading. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also for those who are shooting suppressed ARs do you guys have uppers built for the suppressor? I was told I would be better off to have an upper built for the suppressor. Rather than just to screw it on to my RRA. Thanks

Rick Merritt.

I have an Omega and have not ever had that problem. As far as my AR's I just had all my barrels threaded by my barrel makers to 5/8" and works great for me.

Originally Posted By: Merritt79I am leaning towards an omega. For those that own em does your poi shift after each shot? The reason for asking is a good friend of mine has one on his work rifle. 2 weeks ago him and I went out shooting. The first shot hit where it was suppose to then I hit left another hit low left. It was repeatable every time. After talking to him the pd that he works for asked for his rifle back due to either the suppressor or the barrel threading. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also for those who are shooting suppressed ARs do you guys have uppers built for the suppressor? I was told I would be better off to have an upper built for the suppressor. Rather than just to screw it on to my RRA. Thanks

Rick Merritt. Omega, SAS Reaper, and Gem Tech Trek...all 3 just screwed on a basic AR and went hunting. Never had a problem.

Lots of guys running Omegas and like them. If your wanting something to run a lot on AR platforms look at the SAS Eadrom or Resistor. They are made specifically for reduction of gas blowback as well as precision and sound reduction and perform great on bolt guns as well. I've shot both a lot and they sound great and accuracy is second to none.

Back