Surplus Ammo 6.5 Grendel vs Alexander Arms

astro451

Just want to get the opinion of people who might have knowledge of the two uppers. I'm considering ordering one of these two and want to get your perspective. I like that the the upper from Surplus Ammo is built on the BHW barrel while the Alexander arms as a reputation for quality and attention to detail. I can't examine ether of these products before ordering so my decision will be based on what I can get out of the different forms on the net. Let me know what you think, why you think it and I'll keep an eye out for your replies.

I don't think the targets will care but the BHW barrel will be faster because of the rifling. I have both LBC and SAAMI Grendel tubes from BHW that Ritch built up for me. I suspect I'll shoot the LBC more but only because I have been shooting it longer.

It might well come down to a price tag issue or nuances in the FF tube choice. Keep us posted.

Greg

My 20" LBC is quite a bit faster than others seem to get with the same load. On a warm day I've seen it register as high as 2680 fps with 8208 and 123 grain Amax.

I have three Grendels from Alexander Arms. A 24" GSR, an 18" side charging hunter, and an 18" lightweight. All shoot great. Never any problems. I would definitely buy another if I had the need.

Back