7.62x39 Project

crowkiller51

Picked up a Radical Arms 7.62x39 upper here on Predator Masters Classifieds. Didn't have too high hopes on it shooting groups from all the internet chatter about how bad an AR15 version of 7.62x39 upper are. Bad cycling, Bad Groups, Bad magazines, Don't Buy them . Etc.,Etc.,Etc.
Anyhow, I usually don't listen to no one anyway.(Just ask my Wife), Bolted a Leupold 3x9 VXR's Scope on it, Snapped the Upper on a Factory Anderson Lower and off to the Range I went. Oh, The Omega Suppressor gets out of the Safe Too!
Bought some Winchester FMJ from Walley World and 2 " groups were the norm, but Fed and cycled Flawless.
Purchased some Hornady SST's from Academy Sports and Groups dropped down to around 3/4 inch at 100 yards. Now we're talking. Cycled and Fed Flawless. Absolutely no hiccups.
Happy Camper Here. Now to put the Thermal on and KILL some HOGS!.

Last edited:
Nice shooting! Good lookin upper
smile.gif
Thanks again!!

That will change their minds on em! I shoot 7.62x 39 a lot and don't see the problems I read about. Keep an eye on Gunbroker and you can pick up Sellier & Bellot brass cased stuff for a decent price and then you got brass to reload with.

Crowkiller, nice looking rifle and great accuracy.

What forearm do you have on the rifle? I like that one.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Crowkiller, nice looking rifle and great accuracy.

What forearm do you have on the rifle? I like that one.

Radical Arms Factory HandGuard.

My son bought me a Radical 762x39 for Christmas last year and have not really gave it a try to check it out.Thanks for the post,I need to get to the range.

It that just a regular lower, or is it a special lower for the 762x39? This seems like it would be a good way to get some cheaper range time and not worry too much about losing my 556 brass.

Originally Posted By: GWHunterIt that just a regular lower, or is it a special lower for the 762x39? This seems like it would be a good way to get some cheaper range time and not worry too much about losing my 556 brass.

You can use a plain jane lower.

Back