Auxiliary Speaker/Horn for Icotec GC500

Pot Hole

Wanting to add a speaker/PA horn to my Icotec caller to add a little more volume and increase the sound coverage. Didn't know if there was a plug-n-play horn that would utilize the Icotec's auxiliary speaker input port or did I need to buy a separate amplifier to boost the sound? Found this speaker on Amazon, but the reviews are mixed and I didn't want to buy something that wouldn't match up well with my caller: PA Horn/Speaker.

Any thoughts from any of you that have this call (or a similar call with auxiliary speaker input) on what speaker/speaker-amp setup works well for you?

Last edited:
Cass Creek used to make a "Power Horn" speaker, came with about 70' of cord and used the std pin plug in. Takes 4 "C" batteries and really pumps out the sound from whatever source you feed it with. It even comes in a camo slip cover to keep it quite if it bangs up against your gear. I think this is what you are looking for, Cost about $35.

Originally Posted By: MotoHunterCass Creek used to make a "Power Horn" speaker, came with about 70' of cord and used the std pin plug in. Takes 4 "C" batteries and really pumps out the sound from whatever source you feed it with. It even comes in a camo slip cover to keep it quite if it bangs up against your gear. I think this is what you are looking for, Cost about $35.

Moto, I looked this speaker up and read some of the reviews. Although it did have some fans, and the specs were pretty good, there were some negative comments as well. Not necessarily discounting this speaker, but its mixed reviews haven't sold me just yet.

I used the Foxpro Sp-55 for years before switching to the newer SP-60 with my old Firestorm. Never had a problem with either and the volume was always superb. They come with a standard aux jack too. I think they run about $60.

Totally worth the price!

Back