Never know what you might find at Wally World....

canislatrans54

I was in the local Wally World yesterday evening, trying to get some ideas for Christmas gifts.

Well, as I was looking thru the aisles in the Sporting Goods section, I noticed a product that just seemed out of place.

What was that product, you ask?

Why, it was a scope-mounted light...for night hunting predators. (I know it was predators, because the packaging was covered in coyotes and bobcats.)

So...why did I find this so unusual?
I found it unusual, because in the state of Kansas, it is illegal to hunt at night with any artificial lighting.
crazy.gif

(Unless it changed in the past couple of months.)

Yeah, I know...it's a crazy regulation.

Anyway, just because I felt like being ornery...I asked the young guy and older gal who were working the counter, "Have you ever sold one of these light kits?".

They both answered, "No."

Like I say, I was feeling ornery, so I responded with, "Well, that might be because in Kansas, you can't legally use them. You might want to point this out to your management."
wink.gif

The gal was polite, and gave me the logical response that I figured I might get..."The head office just sent us a couple of them. We didn't ask for them."
cool.gif

The young guy however.....well, I think I might have irritated him.
grin.gif

His comment was, "If it was illegal to use them, then we wouldn't be selling them...now would we? If you don't want to buy one, then don't worry about it. I see you're disabled, so I doubt that you hunt anyway. What makes you think that you know more than the people who work in this department?"

shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Well, after being somewhat taken aback by his attitude, I decided to give him an answer.

I calmly said, "Sir, I meant no disrespect. I was just pointing out something that I thought seemed odd. As for knowing more than you...I didn't say that I do. However, disabled or not, I have been a coyote hunter for more years than you have been alive...judging from your age. And...", I said, as I opened up a copy of the Kansas Hunting Regs booklet, that was on the counter, "...unlike you, apparently, I have read the regulations. If you would care to read this paragraph.....?"

He refused to read it and stormed off in a huff.
The gal just smiled, and said, "He hates being wrong.", and chuckled.

I know, I should just keep my opinions to myself.
wink.gif

But, sometimes, I just can't help myself.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

It's hard to compete with ignorance. Seems that some minds are very narrow and can't seem to have open discussion about much of anything beyond their next can of soda pop, bag of chips or Internet game. Trying to explain to a guy (child) like that is akin to trying to debate a liberal. Still, calling them out and exposing their ignorance in front of everyone at least exposes them for who they are.

I always thought you were to nice of a guy to be a troublemaker Will. HaHa! They've got scope mounted lights @ Cabela's in Wichita also.

That young guy you agitated will probably be the new manager. I know I have seen products in our stores here that are also illegal to use. never quite understood myself.

Friggin' millennials... He probably had to storm off to the "safe room" to suck his thumb while he Tweeted about the mean guy that hurt his delicate sensibilities. Walmart probably has to staff a store counselor to console the ignorant little chits when they feel offended. "That's ok, yes you can suck your thumb while you stock shelves." He needs taken out behind the woodshed for a realignment.

Originally Posted By: TJT3Can coon hunters shoot coons out of trees at night? Not trying to be a smart [beeep] just wondering...

They are suppose to have a flashlight or a light on their head to shoot treed coons.

Originally Posted By: flintrockOriginally Posted By: TJT3Can coon hunters shoot coons out of trees at night? Not trying to be a smart [beeep] just wondering...

They are suppose to have a flashlight or a light on their head to shoot treed coons.

I gotcha

I don't ask the "sales Associate's" at Walmart anything other than, "would you please un-lock the ammo" and "you got any .22LR rat holed under the counter?" which they usually do.

had a similar head scratcher many years ago when I noticed pallets full of deer corn at walmart, just in time for deer season.

and AL doesn't allow hunting deer over bait.

but they sure sold a lot of corn...

Originally Posted By: vahunterOur wally world sells corn, deer feeder and other deer bait. But it's illegal to bait here.

That corn isn't for baiting.. Its for moonshine. OOps that's illegal too. Yet they show off the still that Washington used to have at his House on the tour.

Lots of strange things. I guess.

Back