Another bobcat tonight

Very nice, what time do you start out in the evenings? I noticed most of you pics you are back home by 8-9pm. I usually go out at dusk and I'm back home by 10 pm, have to work the day.

Originally Posted By: GkrepsVery nice, what time do you start out in the evenings? I noticed most of you pics you are back home by 8-9pm. I usually go out at dusk and I'm back home by 10 pm, have to work the day.

I start at dark and I'm usually back home by around 9-9:30pm. I don't stay out late.

WTG!
thumbup1.gif

You're really crushing them!

Generally, what kind of places do you hunt? Are you setting up in fields(cut crops or pasture) or on roads through the woods (what size/kind woods)?

Originally Posted By: UndrcoverrednekYou're really crushing them!

Generally, what kind of places do you hunt? Are you setting up in fields(cut crops or pasture) or on roads through the woods (what size/kind woods)?

For foxes I like cut grain fields, and pastures with hay rolls in them.
For bobcats, the above but close to thick cover.
For coyotes I like to hunt as close as possible to cows, feed lots, and hay rolls.
I don't hunt woods roads.

If you don't mind me asking since you hunt relatively close to me do you leave call sound running continuously or let call run for a few minutes and silence for a few minutes? I have some luck calling but not like you do, congrats that's a nice looking bobcat!

Originally Posted By: FishnHunt9If you don't mind me asking since you hunt relatively close to me do you leave call sound running continuously or let call run for a few minutes and silence for a few minutes? I have some luck calling but not like you do, congrats that's a nice looking bobcat!

I leave it running continuously. But, I usually set and watch for a few minutes after I turn it off. More than once I have had animals slip in for a look after I turn the call off.

Back