Tritronix collar issues

Coyotejunki

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this.

I have an older set of tone/shock collars. I just bought 2 new batteries for the collars, now in the middle of a hunting trip out west, the Trashbreaker G2 exp, transmitter puked on me. Guess what, that model is obsolete and not repairable anymore.

I am wondering if I would be better off, trading in this set-up and getting a newer model? Trying to buy a used transmitter from someone? Or, selling the collars with the new batteries and just buying the newer version?

What say you?

Sorry to hear about your troubles Dan....I'm also sorry to hear that the TB is out of production because that's what I have....

I'd trade it in....I've had good service from three TT collars in the last 25+ years....

I don't believe dogtra has a tone feature, only vibrate and shock. I hear that dogtra has a better guarantee than tritronics but they charge for labor.

What makes them better?

I started with a Dogtra Trainer (w/shock & vibrate) and a Garmin Tracking collar (Astro 320). I am now running a Garmin Alpha that has the tracking and training (w/shock, vibrate & tone) in one unit. Works great!

Well, I decided to buy a new Garmin Tri-Tronics PRO 70. $229.90 plus a $50 rebate.

If it last more than 10 years, like my Trashbreaker did, I should be happy.

Back