Talk me out of it

Whiskers

I recently came across the 6x45 while browsing the web. Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to be the perfect coyote caliber. I already have an AR .223 and a bolt 243 so it seemed like I had my bases covered...until I came across this cartridge. Pretty much a low velocity .243 with cheaper brass and less powder. Is it really worth it to spend money on a new upper? How well does it do on coyotes when trying to save fur?

You will find a lot of love for that round here. I've had a couple and it comes close but I like a little more speed and found the 243 lbc to be just what I was looking for. It's a 6.5 Grendel necked down. It and the 6x6.8 are pretty much ballistic twins. Lots of info here on both. IMO they are perfect coyote AR rounds.

OK.... You will hate it. Go ahead and buy it and send it to me, problem solved.
smile.gif

I had a 6x45 that I shot for a few years... very accurate and easy on fur shooting 70 gr. Nosler bt's. I think you'lol be really happy with it.

I have built no less than 8 6x45 rigs for myself/family & friends over the last 11 years or so.
Cant go wrong with a 6x45 or variation.

I agree with above 243lbc which is 6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm. I have a 6x6.8 I love it except I wish lapua made 6.8 brass. That's the only downfall to the 6.8.

Buy a barrel first. Swap it into your existing 223/5.56 upper. If you like it, finish out a new upper for it. If you don't like it, resell the barrel for 50-75% of the purchase price, you're only out $50-100, and you can be happy to have learned something new.

Back