REAP-IR or MK II hunter, MK3 hunter, IR patrol?

IMO, the Mkii is the way to go. I have the 35mm and I was talked out of spending the extra money to upgrade to the Mk3. There are a couple extra bells and whistles but clarification and magnification are identical. I run a patrol 250 for scanning which I believe is similar to the reap IR. The Mkii turret adjustments are much more user friendly, especially when you have yotes coming in and get a little anxious. The turret adjustments are also easier to manipulate with gloves on. Gloves can make the joystick knob on the patrol a bit cumbersome. The question I am asking myself is, would the 60mm lens work better for the wide open spaces I hunt??? I do love the 35!! Hope this helps.

Depends on what you plan on doing with it. Are you looking for a weapon sight, a scanner or both? What kind of country will you be hunting? Is it wide open or thick stuff? Will you be hunting while on stands sitting, standing or on a swivel chair on top of a vehicle?

Your going to want either a mkii 35mm or a mkiii 60mm. Depending how far your average shot is going to be I'd lean towards the mkii 35mm

Our coyotes are coming in hard and close. We are hunting them the same as we would during the day. Tonight my buddy called where he had a 500yd approach lane and after a few minutes of calling he had two directly down wind about 40-50ft! Doesnt make much sense but thats what i love about coyote hunting! You just never know... anyway long story short... no kill. So for you experts out there.... NV weapons mount or thermal? I'm saying thermal just due to the quick target acquisition. A quick NV mono for ID if needed... maybe? Thoughts?

Back