gen 3 vs Gen2+ vs Gen 2 SHP

Don't know if I can be of much help as I only have experience with gen 3 and gen 2+. Not sure what shp is. When looking through my scope which is an Armasight Vulcan 4.5x with a 3a tube and a friend uses an Armasight nemesis 2+ quicksilver in 6x we decided that under 250 yards there was. It much difference between the two in brightness and clarity when using an illuminator. That being said with no illuminator the gen 3 is brighter and and past 250 yards or so it does have a clearer picture. When taking into consideration that the majority of shots are well under that distance and we can use illuminators here the nemesis is better value. Anyway just my experience

Allen,

You can check out all the field reviews we did on all of the Generations including digital by clicking on the links below. Enjoy! Kevin

Digital - Pulsar Digisight N750 -
Gen 1 - Armasight Vampire -
Gen 2+ - Armasight 4x Quick Silver -
Gen 2+ - Armasight 6x Quick Silver -
Gen 3 - Night Optics D-740 4x -
Gen 3 - Night Optics D-760 6x -
Gen 3 - HTRN Sig Series PVS-14 with Dayscope -

Kevin ! watched your videos of the PVS 14 clip on and really liked the views through the scope . I would be nice to have and just use your daytime scope. I am sure the better quality the gen3 devise the clearer sight picture.

Back