Lucky Duck predator call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

204 AR

Anyone try these yet? I've heard from a member who says it's the real deal and looks like songdog was using it on his epic 6 coyote stand.

I just got one, and it's the cats meow! Sounds are amazing, super clear, and loud. Not to mention, the camera actually takes really good video and still photos.

the sound library is awesome, remote distance is awesome, volume and clarity are great IMO. The one thing I'm struggling with the most are the buttons on the remote being too close together. The more I use it, the better I get at operating it, BUT I have to wear a glove with a thumb hole cut out to feel the buttons.
It's my understanding that I'm not the only one with that complaint and sounds like a fix in the works.
It's bringing in critters for me, as well as many others.

i am new to the forum, i have the call as well it is an excellent unit and it packs some really awesome features
the price point at 299 is a steal for it.

Sounds like Foxpro has some competition? How well does the rotate feature work? Just by looking at it it looks heavy and I was wondering how well it would sit in the snow and rotate. But definitely some great features. Where is it made?

the unit itself is not heavy at all,i have not had any trouble with the rotation of the caller and I might add the rotation is whisper quiet,they have come out now with a rechargeable battery pack for it,I bought a targus tripod for mine so I can adjust it the tripod was 12 bucks on ebay,the caller is worth the money and I have taken several coyotes in the month I have had it and called in a grey fox,the decoy works great as well

Checked out their site and all predator calls, could not find the rechargeable battery pack. How about some assistance.

Received the following from AllPredators:

"Yes, Lucky Duck just released a battery pack that should be available at APC in the next 10 days. It will have the ability to charge the batteries in the caller."

Last edited:
This call is intriguing me but it looks a little too bulky for my liking. Hiking in to call spots with snow shoes and 10 below weather causes me to lean to the "less is more" philosophy which makes the size of my Wildfire so convenient.

I have one on order from AllPredator, will give my opinion once received and then again after a short field workout.

I have one!

Pro's -
It rotates 360 degrees
Has an unbelievable sound library
Lighter than my Shockwave
Camera has a wide angle view and takes great pictures (No Video as of yet)
Most Coyotes came into my secret sound in under 3 minutes
Battery pack is rechargeable in the unit and does not need to be removed.3700Mah Li-Ion
Cost was affordable

Cons -
I think most of them have been discussed and are being addressed as soon as possible.
I am 100% confident that Ricky will make all my cons into Pros, he is behind this caller and is taking all criticism personally and wants his customers to be completely sastified for years to come.

I took 37 Coyotes to the fur buyer on Tuesday and all were shot using this e-caller.
Went out Friday after Thanksgiving and shot a nice male and female along with a decent Badger.
I had my 2 decoy dogs with me, they probably scared a few coyotes away as they popped over a hill and saw 2 75lb Catahoulas walking around me. I know for a fact I missed a shot at 2 different coyotes because my dogs chased them into the next county.

One of the nice things about this e-caller and many others available are the sound libraries, most people use rabbit, then more rabbit. The key is to study what the Coyotes like to do when they are tired of rabbits!

Don't throw them a wiener if they are used to eating steak!

Learn how to use the Coyote vocals at certain times of the year, breeding season is coming - Hint Hint!

Best of luck to all, I have nothing to lose or gain with this post, I just like killing Coyotes and using the fine tools that people have to offer in my pursuit of fur!

PS- I also own 2 newer FoxPro e-callers

Received mine yesterday and while I have not yet had it in the field I do have some opinions of it.

First I think when Mr. Poppadopalis said "Battery pack is rechargeable in the unit and does not need to be removed.3700Mah Li-Ion" That is an add-on feature at the cost of about $85.00, as mine did not come with any batteries.

I found the battery holder (10AA) to be extremely hard to get out of the caller and just as difficult to get back in.

More to follow once I get it out in the field.

I too own two FoxPro e-caller and a WT. Was going to put one of the three up for sale but now will wait to see how the Lucky Duck works out.

Originally Posted By: HeyYouReceived mine yesterday and while I have not yet had it in the field I do have some opinions of it.

First I think when Mr. Poppadopalis said "Battery pack is rechargeable in the unit and does not need to be removed.3700Mah Li-Ion" That is an add-on feature at the cost of about $85.00, as mine did not come with any batteries.

I found the battery holder (10AA) to be extremely hard to get out of the caller and just as difficult to get back in.

More to follow once I get it out in the field.

I too own two FoxPro e-caller and a WT. Was going to put one of the three up for sale but now will wait to see how the Lucky Duck works out.

You would be correct about the battery pack and charger.

After going through a set of AA batteries I 1 1/2 days of calling I modified the battery cord with a plug to where I could plug in my FoxPro welded battery packs. It was a tight fit for sure.

I saved my extended wiring so if and when I need to use a FoxPro welded battery pack all I need to do is add the cable and be ready to go.

Couple other things that have come to mind which I feel will be fixed or improved on in the months to come.

1. Should be waterproof for the most part, it's not always sunny and warm when calling
2. The call has a Glare/Sheen to it which can easily be remedied with a little Camo (Flat) spray paint

Just like anything developed in todays marketplace - Always room for improvements.

PS - I also bought the Lithium batter pack and charger from FoxPro which ran about $95.00 after shipping. No way this battery pack will fit into the Revolution E-caller compartment, it will stay with the Shockwave and CS24c

I added one of those little tiny clear stick on rubber bumpers to the pause key on my remote last night. I really like how that lets me find "home" quicker with my thumb since it seems that is the button I look for and use the most. Now that button sticks up from the others around it making it very easy to find a push without pushing others around it.

Glare and sheen must b in the eye of the user because I don't see it being bad at all. My gun has more glare and sheen to it for sure. If the coyote is close enough that it matters it's close enough to die.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: songdogI added one of those little tiny clear stick on rubber bumpers to the pause key on my remote last night. I really like how that lets me find "home" quicker with my thumb since it seems that is the button I look for and use the most. Now that button sticks up from the others around it making it very easy to find a push without pushing others around it.

Glare and sheen must b in the eye of the user because I don't see it being bad at all. My gun has more glare and sheen to it for sure. If the coyote is close enough that it matters it's close enough to die.
wink.gif

I can see the glare/sheen coming off the caller, it's not a deal breaker. Just a touch of paint will solve this issue for me.

I do like the idea of the raised button on the Play/Pause button because those are used most.

Good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back