New Rifle Setup For Coyotes

Nonnieselman

Couldnt stand it anymore and had to do a 20" 223.
ARP 20" 8 Twist 5R
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44
Vortex 1500 Ranger Finder

It shoots 50gr NBT, 53gr Vmax, And 69gr SMK good.
Now i just need some coyotes to show themselves.

Took it out to 520 yards Saturday.

500 yards was in the sun... 520 was in the nice shade by this lil cotton module.

Last edited:
Very nice! People seem to have really good luck with those ARP barrels. Are you still shooting any 300wm stuff?

Originally Posted By: MPFDVery nice! People seem to have really good luck with those ARP barrels. Are you still shooting any 300wm stuff?

I have 5 6.8 ARP barrels, and 4 223 ARP barrels. None have disappointed me yet.

Yep!! Still on that brass i got from you years ago. GF killed a nice 8 point with it last year @450 yards. Dont shoot competitions anymore just hunting so i have a few life times supply of 210gr Bergers and they work good on deer out to 800yds. Might try 1000 if i can get my rifle back from her.

Last edited:
Great looking rig, my Predator Pursuit upper just arrived at my door a few minutes ago, really looking forward to trying it out.

Originally Posted By: waterdog5400What kind of load are you using for the 69SMK? Good looking group.

Thanks
Waterdog

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlNice shooting and very serious looking long range rig..
Yah, what's your 500 yd SMK load ? tia

I forgot about this....
scared.gif

New WIN brass
CCI450
69gr SMK 2.255"
24gr Tac
loaded on Dillon 550

The 53gr vmax was with CFE223 and 50gr Nosler was with TAC i believe. The ball powders work pretty good in the dillon so i try to use those when im loading a bunch.
Im working on a 69gr and 77gr TMK load right now with Varget and 4166.

Last edited:
Back