Pulsar Battery Packs

JCCinOhio

I just got an EPS5 battery pack to use on an HD38A.. I thought they came in a hard case that you could mount on a rail, but the one I got is just plastic wrapped batteries in a cloth pouch.. The picture on the box shows it in a plastic case, as do some of the websites that sell them. But some sites show the plastic wrapped batteries. What's up? Are the plastic cases from older ones and they went cheap?

I don't know about the EPS5 but the EPS3 is a hard plastic/ rubber box with a picatinny clamp on it. Runs the HD19A all night long. On UNV's website, the 5 is the same way without the clamp. Might give Tyler a call. He's very helpful.

Yeah, after doing some more googling it looks like the 3 is in a hard case, and the 5 is in the cloth case to be strapped to a rifle stock. It's seems Pulsar is as consistent with details about their batteries as they are with the different models of thermals.

Per discussion with Sellmark (distributor for Pulsar) the EPS3 has been discontinued. The EPS5 only comes in the soft pouch for mounting on your gunstock or other similar surface.

Kevin

Checked, the EPS3 has been discontinued but replaced with the EPS3I. Upgraded to have an LED battery indicator on side that indicates charge when pushed.

Originally Posted By: case-nhChecked, the EPS3 has been discontinued but replaced with the EPS3I. Upgraded to have an LED battery indicator on side that indicates charge when pushed.

This is correct. The newest one I purchased from UNV, has the push button with LEDs to indicate remaining battery life. Pretty handy.

Yeah, will go for the EPS3I once/if I get my unit back.. went teets up first time using. Of course the HD38S went on sale for less than I paid for my HD38A 3 days after I bought mine.. Working with vendor to hopefully get it swapped for a 38S, if not then I guess they will repair my 38A.

Back