October 2016 Hunter of the Month

DesertRam

Director
Staff member
As expected, there was plenty of good predator hunting action in October! In addition, there were some noteworthy big game hunts included in the ten stories nominated for Hunter of the Month. There sure was some good writing posted last month; a couple stories even made me wonder why some of you fellows aren't penning predator calling articles for publication in the hunting rags.
grin.gif
I must confess though, I'm glad to see those stories posted right here for all of us to enjoy. In case you didn't catch these great tales the first time around, here they are again. Get comfy, click on the following links, and read through these posts to see how it's done. When you finish, cast your vote for the story you liked the best. The author of the story with the most votes will receive two useful items this month: a six-drop lanyard custom made by Predator Masters moderator and hobbyist fw07; and a copy of a great book - Raised Behind the Trigger - written by long-time member and multiple HOM/HOY winner Switch.

Please excuse the crummy cell phone picture; my decent camera is MIA...
Nov2016HOMPrize_zpsalbse5lm.jpg

If you're in the market for custom paracord products, look no further than the makers here, including fw07. And if you're lucky enough to have a kid or two of your own, be sure to order a copy of Tim's book. After reading it myself I can say without hesitation that it's worth your time as a parent to peruse it for ideas on how to share our passion for the outdoors with young people in today's busy world.

The HOM nominees for October are...

Calling with my son..... by Dropadoglv

...I Almost Forgot... by Infidel 762

11th Hour Mule Deer Hunt by wilydawg

They Came in Just Like Coyotes! by huntinaz

5 coyotes and 3 deer by dustinyotes

Volcanic glass and spent brass by utah yote

The Journey or the Destination? by orkan

10yo's First Coyote! by rainshadow1

my first six pack and a box of beef by songdog

A morning Like no other.....Wolf Down by Lone Butte

After you have voted, make a quick "I voted" reply. I'll randomly draw one voter to receive a 30-round black MagPul magazine for your AR-15 (if that's not legal in the winner's state of residence, we'll make an alternate plan).

Last edited:
Back