Adjusting parallax without AO?

ohihunter2014

I've got an old bushnell 3-9 I want to throw on a 22 and was wondering if doing the u tube trick of adjusting parallax to make it clearer at 9x at 50 yards if anyone did this before?

Originally Posted By: K22I don't know about the you tube trick, but I have done it to numerous scopes through the years. It works.

I found a video on you tube of the guy doing it but it was on an airgun scope. was just wondering who else did it. I was going to sell the scope for like $25 but the lighted retical would be great for coon hunting and I could use the 9x for squirrel hunting. my current 22 scope the x hairs are so thin that its hard to see with all the branches squirrel hunting.

Originally Posted By: DAAGuy on u tube doing what?

- DAA

adjusting the parallax. he took the front ring off and started turning the glass or parallax adjustment but said they were airgun scopes and some scopes you cant do it with.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an airgun only thing.

I have made some pretty close shoots and have never worried about parallax on any of my rifles. And all of my rimfires wear 3x9 or fixed 4x. I dont own a single rimfire scope.

If I was shooting a rimfire it would either have a rimfire scope on it or the parallax adjusted for rimfire. I adjust mine at 40yds instead of 50yds. I've even adjusted them to 100'. Seems to work better for me.

I haven't tried it yet with the Bushnell but will give it a shot before adjusting. I had a dedicated 22 scope on it but tripped over a fence that was knocked down and took a tumble into the rock creek bed and the scope got damaged so I got a 3-9-40 Simmons 8pt for $19 so figured why not but the x hairs are so thin I cant see them good when shooting a squirrel laying on a limb 50ft up the tree. i also noticed its a little fuzzy at 8-9 x too so figured it was the parallax doing it.

Parallax can be adjusted on most non-A/O scopes. You can do it yourself or if like me, don't feel comfortable doing it, you can send it to the company and have them do it.

I purchased a VX-2 3x9 Leupold dot reticle scope for use on a Ruger .22 magnum. I returned the scope to Leupold and they set the parallax at my desired range of 60 yards.
If I recall correctly, they charged $10 for that service. Other scope manufacturer's will do the service for free.

Back