Flir Scout iii 640

tking

Is anyone looking at this new unit? I have been waiting for the new IR defense x3 patrol to come out but this unit looks awful tempting.

Originally Posted By: NoName1I wasn't...but dangit if I won't get any work done today now that I started! HAHA! I know what you mean, I've been waiting on SkyPup to read this one and him tell us what he thinks, he's usually on the up and up with this stuff.

The FLIR Scout III is basically a high end LS-XR, but instead of the visible red laser it has a white LED.

I will do a review of the new SCOUT III TAU2 640X512 core and the introductory low end Scout TK Lepton core here soon.....

Have been using my PS-32 for many years now, as well as my LS-64s and LS-XR, never leave home without them.

Boar%20Head.jpg

Yeah seems like it's going to be a great purchase. So you have the FLIR PS 32 and I have a friend who has that one and loves it. I spoke with FLIR and from what they told me the Scout III-640 is a more upgraded model, due to technology advancements. You mentioned that the difference is a visible red laser vs. a white LED.... is that a good thing or bad thing? I am so new to all of this! LOL.

Chris

By the way... I really do love the feedback, more than I can say. There's no ego here... I'm just trying to find my way and purchase the best one I can for the money. Appreciate the help!

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73Anyone used one of the 640 core units? I have been thinking about selling my Scout II 320 but want to know if it is worth it?

I have four of them and they are my GOTO units, don't leave home without 'em.

Back