RPG Strikes Again

GLShooter

I've been working on my book slowly but surely amassing data on over twenty chamberings. My focus has on the 223 based rounds lately has commanded the lions share of my range trips.

Lately I've been talking to some other shooters and mentioned that I had not had much time to work with the 6.5X6.8 variant and could use a bit of input. Of course Ritch is always willing to help and enlisted one of his customers to help out.

I have always thought the .264 bullet teamed with the 6.8 case would be a winner. A fellow up near Las Vegas sent me a text the other day to stay by my computer as something was inbound. He kind of perked up my curiosity when he mentioned he had been out with a 6.5X6.8 and to just enjoy.

A few hours later I got the You Have Mail signal and opened it up. The photo was for the 6.5X6.8 done up with a Black Hole 3P on an AR built by Ritch. 100 yards distance using the Sierra 85 Varminter. He mentioned that after the first three shots went in one hole he had to get up and settle down. He said the net two were nereve racking but he had just finished maybe the best group of his life with an AR. I must say I wouldn't mind putting this one in my wallet either.

I have my 6.5X6.8 set up to rotation for data work but looking at this group it got moved up a notch.

Greg

Back