Night hunting light questions

capp6666

Hello, I'm new to the sight and thought I could gain some advice from a lot of you guys on here. I hunt predators pretty regularly in New York and have been learning a lot in my past 7 years of chasing foxes and coyotes. One thing that I have learned in this time is that having the right light setup while hunting at night is key. I have experimented with quite a few different lights and finally stumbled upon the coyote light. I will say that this is by far the best hunting light I have ever seen or used. I know they are very expensive but I lucked out a little over a year ago and won a second coyote light at a predator hunting tournament. It has been great having two scan lights when hunting with my father. We also have some nighteyes headlights that we use but I have been in search of a good gun mounted light for some time now. The coyote lights make good gun mounted lights but then you cannot use them to scan. I have tried primos and lazer genetics and have found that they are absolute garbage. I have pretty much narrowed it down to two choices but am open for suggestions. I am thinking of either trying out coyote lights new predator CL-1 or getting a foxpro fire eye and then making one of the coyote lights a gun mounted light. Any thoughts?

Not sure why you feel the need for the Coyote Light as a scanner since you really don't need all that power to light their eyes. When I was using lights, just a Wildlife Technology XL100 was all I needed for scanning. I have a Sniper Hawg with 50 and 66 heads and it will throw pretty close to as far as the Coyote Light. The Sniper Hawg can be purchased with a rheostat control which works very well. I think the Wicked Lights or Night Eyes can also do an adequate job.

You might try contacting one of the Light dealers who are sponsors here and tell them in more detail how you hunt and what you feel you need. They are hunters and can probably put you in the right light.

Welcome to Predator Masters. There is a lot of info in the Archives here on lights available through the search function. Reading through some of that might help narrow your focus (no pun).
smile.gif

Hey Capp, We are a new sponsor of the PM site. I would like to start off by saying that you cant go wrong with any of the lights that come from any of the PM sponsors. They really are great lights. If you haven't looked into it yet you should look at some of the lights we have on our product line. The Coyote Reaper is a great small compact light that will give you some great yardage. Here is a link to a video showing off the light in action.

We also have dealers located all over the state of New York that have these lights in stock. If you are interested in checking one out in person to help with your decision then message me your zip code and I will find a stocking dealer for you.

You mentioned the Night Eyes headlamps, how about the gun mounted lights Joe sells as well. I have been using them for several years and really like them. No issues.

Originally Posted By: Predator TacticsHey Capp, We are a new sponsor of the PM site. I would like to start off by saying that you cant go wrong with any of the lights that come from any of the PM sponsors. They really are great lights. If you haven't looked into it yet you should look at some of the lights we have on our product line. The Coyote Reaper is a great small compact light that will give you some great yardage. Here is a link to a video showing off the light in action.

We also have dealers located all over the state of New York that have these lights in stock. If you are interested in checking one out in person to help with your decision then message me your zip code and I will find a stocking dealer for you. Awesome Lights! Just mounted the "Killbone" on my shotgun! Rugged construction, Clear, and gets out there if needed. Very happy! Regards, Drop

I've used many predator lights and the only one I guide with is the CoyoteLight. Others may be great lights too. It has just been the absolute best light I have ever used and I have used many. Just my opinion so get others and maybe even give the company a call. The CoyoteLight is Uber bright if needed, no tiny hot spot, mounts great to my shotguns, rifles, or hand scanner, runs all night long, made in the USA. Lots of stuff on the market but for me its CoyoteLight.

headlamp... Scan Pro
gun light... Coyote Light

IMO these two lights above are unsurpassed in straight up performance for each units intended purpose & use.....ScanPro second addition a bit better on the control knob but the light got brighter as well and can compete with a lot of regular hand held units let alone the adjustable beam.......the Coyote light well theres nothin else to say when it comes to performance or quality cause the best is just that the best.......good luck!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Thanks for the great advice, I really appreciate it. I am fairly certain that I will go ahead with coyote light predator cl1 light. I have had great customer service with coyote light and like you said if you want the best its the coyote light. Its always better to buy once cry once. I really am intrigued with fox pros smart light technology, but with no gun light available yet I really don't see the advantage. Plus I already use my gen 2 coyote lights for scanning, so the lighter weight of the predator cl1 seems like the best option.

Headlamp..... spot on
gun light either pmack or spot on.
Great customer service and you will save a tom of $ over the others. Gas in your vehicle, ammo, guns, etc.

Back