Does anyone mark or color their brass to help elliminate confusion?

gmww

I saw a photo or picture of someone's 6x45 brass that they marked the head stamp with black ink. I bought some acid free red stamp ink that was supposed to be permanent on anything but it rubs off. Anyone mark their 6x45 to avoid confusion? If so what are you using? The black ink has acid in it.

Plain old Sharpies for me. The SS pins take it off nicely or you can get some paint sticks from Michael's hobby store. I might test 20+loads in a day and each is color coded. I did 22 different 6X45 loads the other day with each group of five having different stripes.

Greg

I use a sharpie to label cases with any info I feel is needed. Sometimes it's on the case body other times it's in the head. A simple line on the case head helped me identify my semi auto handgun brass at public ranges. Tumbling removes the marking; SS better than corn cob.

I have numbered the primers on rows of test loads with a fine point marker. If you drop or spill them, it is not such a disaster.

Dipping brass cases in "Insta Blue" will turn the bottom of the case black. I like to cover the area above the web.

I use this system, multiple rifles of the same caliber or when using powders that are not very temp insensitive, one for Summer loads, one for Winter loads.

I have notched the base of the rim with a small triangle file, also.

Dying the brass with Insta Blue is very obvious. Somewhere in your reloading notes, it is a good practice to write down just what that means to you. I still have brass that I was shooting on one rifle from the 80's....like a note in the top of the case guard box.

Back