Cz 912 shotgun any good?

jwalle1

I see these shotguns and they look nice and are at a really good price point. Have read good things from everyone but chuck hawks but there isnt a ton of info out there. Anybody here have any experience with one?

IMO i would stay away....another trap team coach in town had one and they cracked the hammer in th trigger set, and the trigger would not catch and the gun would run away. after numerous attempts to receive a new hammer were unsuccessful they attempted to repair it to no avail. The quality of the metal was very sub par as it was more of a pot metal than a solid piece. i love CZ's rifles and pistols but i will not own one of there shotguns

For just a little more money you can get a beretta a300 or a mossberg 930 or a weatherby sa08. All of which will be better than the 912 and have good reviews. I dont own a 912 but have shot a buddies and it has been unreliable for him. I would stay away from it.

My son has had one for about 3 years now. Very reliable. No issues. Pretty soft in the recoil department. I will say it does not get heavy use, so maybe my review is not representative.

Being a CZ fan I'm a little disappointed to hear this....
I handled a 28ga (Bobwhite IIRC) and it seemed like a nice little double gun for the money....
I did read somewhere that they're not actually made by CZ so I guess I'm not surprised though...

They're made for Cz by a company in Turkey I can't think of the name right now. I have a bobwhite in 20 gauge and its a pretty nice gun but I have never heard anything good about the autos.

Originally Posted By: Sgtshultzy266For just a little more money you can get a beretta a300 or a mossberg 930 or a weatherby sa08. All of which will be better than the 912 and have good reviews. I dont own a 912 but have shot a buddies and it has been unreliable for him. I would stay away from it.

This. I'm a big CZ fan except for their shotguns, and not because they are sourced from Turkey. They have horrible triggers but they do usually go bang. I owned a 720 for a short time. I've owned an A300 but sold it because it didn't fit. It was a good shotgun though and I would recommend one if it fit. For quite a bit less money you can get a 930 or a SA-08 and I believe they are as good as the A300. My 930 was given to my daughter's boyfriend or I'd still have it. We have three SA-08's in the family.

Below is a thread by a guy that has owned a 912 since 2011. He has several thousand rounds through it.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=250848

Originally Posted By: Sgtshultzy266For just a little more money you can get a beretta a300 or a mossberg 930 or a weatherby sa08. All of which will be better than the 912 and have good reviews. I dont own a 912 but have shot a buddies and it has been unreliable for him. I would stay away from it.

I agree. With so much competition there is no point. Look for a black friday deal. Last year bass pro had the a300 for 499.

I would also add the remington v3 to the list. It has a lifetime warranty now.

Remember, the gun is by far the cheapest part of shotgunning. Ammo, clay target, and gas to go hunting will quickly surpass the cost of the gun. Another 100 or 200 now is nothing in the scheme of things.

Thanks for all the info. I just had a cz rifle and love it so was wondering about the shotguns. I hunt with an old 1100 now but may get a second shotgun. I had already a lot of questionable stuff on Berettas quality control. I do like the v3 a lot so if I end up getting one I may go that route. I'm very familiar with the costs of hunting and shooting, I go almost everyday.. and am actually sitting in a stand with my bow now so now! I know in the grand scheme of things a couple hundred isn't much but being on a teachers salary with a baby at home I save pennies whenever I can

Back