its already starting!

ohihunter2014

I had a thing of berry plated 9mm and 223 bullets in my card from yesterday and was going to order today and now out of stock and taken off the website. berry.com doesn't show as an option a lot of online sites are out. this b.s. lets panick and buy everything is already starting.

Might be forward thinking..

I don't buy more than i can use in a reasonable time, as I am sure you don't.. But if nothing else over the past 8 years, we all should know that expecting the supplies to be on the shelf when we need them, is not going to work.

I don't know....seems I have never jumped on the wagon thinking I won't be able to buy products. I have a bunch of small primers, a BUNCH!!!!, and quite a few large rifle, which I don't use near as many of those. I'm not a hoarder and I don't sell powder or primers but if a deal comes around, I'll buy what I can afford. I bought a bunch of Rem 7 1/2's at a garage sale one day...cheap!!! I just try to keep on hand the powders I use most. Sometimes it not always easy to find, sometimes it is.

After the last big outage, i learned that lesson and keep what i would use over 3 years on hand, buy on sale and store in large sealed military ammo cans.

Seems to work, and with kids that love shooting 22lr it's a must.

Originally Posted By: msincYou need to be one step ahead psycho...buy bullet molds instead!!!!!

Good idea! Think I'll check into this a bit more. I got a buddy that shoots a lot of cast bullets.

So because an item is now out of stock, it is panic buying? What if you ordered the last of them? Would that make you a horder? Lots of places out there with lots of things out of stock and I really doubt it is all because of panic buying. With the last 8 years there is no reason for anyone not to already have a good supply of what they may need. With the risk of Hillary becoming the next President, now is not the time to decide to get supplies. That should have already been done.

Not sure which ones you are after but Midway has a lot of different ones in stock. I just took a look over there.

Originally Posted By: reb8600So because an item is now out of stock, it is panic buying? What if you ordered the last of them? Would that make you a horder? Lots of places out there with lots of things out of stock and I really doubt it is all because of panic buying. With the last 8 years there is no reason for anyone not to already have a good supply of what they may need. With the risk of Hillary becoming the next President, now is not the time to decide to get supplies. That should have already been done.

Not sure which ones you are after but Midway has a lot of different ones in stock. I just took a look over there.

cabelas had 115gr berrys 9mm now taken completely offline, berrys 223 now taken offline. berrys website shows no 223 in stock, got a call today that a large LGS is getting hammered and cabelas by us primers are almost gone. not saying this is panic I'm saying the bs is already starting. I didn't reload or shoot that much before Obama got in I was more 1-2 boxes of 9mm 1 box 223 and some slugs and I was good for 2yrs. now I reload and shoot a lot so I'm seeing the stuff happen.

My Cabelas has had Berry 9mm in several weights as of this weekend. They also had a large box of .223 Berry bullets- bought 'em all!. In addition, they had 12 Varget containers on the shelf. I've never seen that at my Cabelas - brought 4 of them home. I suspect the supply will start to dry up. I began reloading after the last Obamination and have steadily accumulated primers, powders and bullets. Also have enough range scrounged brass to last a goodly while. Time to get the Dillon out and get to work!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: msincYou need to be one step ahead psycho...buy bullet molds instead!!!!!

Good idea! Think I'll check into this a bit more. I got a buddy that shoots a lot of cast bullets.

if you're even thinking about it, make sure you do homework locally on sources for lead. Thats the hardest part to get your hands on - without paying an arm and a leg anyway. clip on wheel weights (not the zinc ones!) are getting harder and harder to come by these days. Unless you're really friendly with a local tire shop, you may be hard pressed to find a good source.

i'm not saying this to turn you off, but its the biggest hurdle i came up with when i started looking into casting. I just happened to luck out and score a whole wall worth of lead sheathing out of an old x-ray room that was being torn apart and was able to get my stash up into a pretty nice spot for now
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NdIndyLead for any purpose had more than doubled in price, price a car battery lately?

100% Obama.

ya. the EPA has been cracking down hard on it. which is why its sooo hard to find WW and such.

just for anyone thinking about it - stay away from car batteries for lead for bullets! its not worth the health risk to try to clean up the smelting, leave that to the pro's with the facilities to handle the toxic emissions from smelting them down for recycling.!

I've never been brave enough to tear apart a battery for the bit of lead inside. One place most people wouldn't think to look for buying lead is people getting out of dirt track racing. We use lead to meet minimum weight and distribution. It's usually in blocks of 25 or 50lbs and should be relatively free of crap in it if they did a good job of melting it down. I usually pay $1-1.50lb. Racing auctions will have a bunch too.

Back