Woe is me missed a nice one

tomcat388th

Thursday night saw another nice buck a heavy 8 point that was really tall and narrow. He was on the other side of my food plot cruising down the creek bank. I grunted to him and got him to stop and look my way but he started walking again after a little bit. threw a,snort wheezed at him and this time he stopped and turned my way. After a couple of minutes I gave him a doe bleat and that set the hook here he come's. Came through the tree line into my corner of the plot and I shot under him at 35 yards. I have a bad habit of dumping the bow sometimes and knew as soon as the arrow left I had flubbed the shot.
Two item that I bought last spring for this season was the extinguisher deer call and ASAT camo. The call is nothing special but I do like being able to go from fawn to buck with the slide. The asat camo on the other hand is really impressing me I've used it since late summer squirrel hunting and had quite a few deer just look through me
J

Sorry for the miss! A clean miss is better than wounding one and at least you know what caused the miss. It's that time of year, you'll get another chance.

Back