Foxpro Banshee

Illinoiscoyote

So i was just looking around online last night at different hunting gadgets and trying to convince myself I deserve a few more goodies this year when I came across the foxpro banshee. I currently use an alpha dogg but at some point it will get replaced as its already 3-4 years old. Around $300 will be my budget for my next caller so that puts the banshee in my price range. What's everyone's opinion on them?

Great caller, its pretty much the cs24 without the upgraded remote and sound list.
I got one 3 months ago and very happy w/it.
Loud, 200 sounds, I have run mine past 100 yards w/no faults.
The remote does not have back lighted pad, so its all by feel at night.

Ive had the Banshee for 6 months. For the money, I dont think you can beat the call.
Very loud, excellent sound quality....battery life is good. I wouldnt say its great, but its good. If you get the rechargeable battery, then you wont have to worry about that....Id def recommend the Banshee! I dont think you can go wrong. There are not many reviews because its a new call that Foxpro came out with I believe this year.

Oh I didn't realize it was new this year. Looks like they're on sale for right at 300 so that's perfect. Glad to hear you like it. I've got a guy interested in buying my alpha dogg so if that goes through I might have to try the banshee

I have a Banshee with a Li-Ion battery. Sound quality is great, and it's loud. The remote is pretty simple to use. I've had it since spring and still haven't killed anything with it. Starting to wonder if it's jynxed?

My biggest gripe is no backlit buttons on the remote. They need to solve that.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGI have a Banshee with a Li-Ion battery. Sound quality is great, and it's loud. The remote is pretty simple to use. I've had it since spring and still haven't killed anything with it. Starting to wonder if it's jynxed?

My biggest gripe is no backlit buttons on the remote. They need to solve that.

You been calling since spring, and have not killed anything? This is a sincere question, not being smart ellic or sarcastic.

I purchased my new Banshee late last season and only went calling a couple of times before hanging it up for the summer. I don't usually call from May to Oct because I'm after rockchucks and deer.

I just started up again this season, been out once for a short hunt and called in a fox but fox season hasn't stared here yet and we can't use ecalls on them anyways.

So probably 5 or 6 dry half-day local hunts in a row with the new Banshee. Not terribly uncommon to get skunked a few times in a row around here but sure it's starting to get frustrating.

I haven't exhausted the Li-Ion battery yet but I read it last a real long time, better than AAs or AA rechargables. I generally only hunt half days. The Li-Ion battery weight is very similar to regular batteries, basically the same.

Well I ordered it
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Back