How to clean large pot after boiling skull

17freak

Hi Guys
I used my 100 qt seafood boiling pot for cleaning a skull plate and I'm having trouble getting the fat off the sides. I have tried filling the pot with water and Dawn detergent and bringing it to a boil but that hasn't worked. I'm scared to use an aluminum stripper as I want to use the pot for future seafood boils.
Any ideas would be appreciated as replacing the pot is a 120 dollar expense.
Thanks

I filled it with water and vinegar and brought it to a boil for 20 minutes. After cooling it this evening it seemed clean with no odor or grease so I guess its good to go.

Originally Posted By: 17freakI filled it with water and vinegar and brought it to a boil for 20 minutes. After cooling it this evening it seemed clean with no odor or grease so I guess its good to go.

You should be GTG....any residual deer goo is just protein anyway..right... grin

I have an aluminum pot that came with a turkey fryer that I clean and way my traps with....
I don't see me ever ever cooking any food in it though...

I usually use Comet cleaner, and Simple green..

I don't know what is in Simple green, but it sure does a great job on blood and stuff.. It seems to be the one of few things that takes dried blood off as easily on the truck.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZI usually use Comet cleaner, and Simple green..

I don't know what is in Simple green, but it sure does a great job on blood and stuff.. It seems to be the one of few things that takes dried blood off as easily on the truck.

Simple Green is the best thing that I've ever used. I used to use that and 12oz of Coca-Cola in an industrial washer to wash my military clothes. They came out inspection ready.

Back