[Recipie] Teriyaki Marinated Flank Steak with Caramelized Baby Portabella's, Onions & Garlic

Plant.One

Whole Flank Steak - dry rubbed with A1 Origional Bold dry rub mix - apply liberally
place in zip lock bag

1/3 bottle teriyaki
light splash of soy sauce (maybe 3-5 tablespoons)
dash of worschester

burp out all the air

marinade 3 days - if you can wait that long - minimum overnight
smile.gif

cook to desired temp - i like to take my beef off the heat at an internal temp of between 120 and 125

slice diagonally across the grain.

sauteed baby bella's w/ onions and garlic
italian seasoning mix of dried herbs to taste
salt and pepper to taste
enough olive oil to sautee

mushroom and onion pan was deglazed with Founders Dirty Bastard to finish after caramelizing - but only because its what i was sipping while cooking
smile.gif
use your imagination, but please do not attempt with Bud Light, PBR, busch products or Natural Light. :mrgreen:

you could also deglaze with something like a nice Demi-Glace if you wanted to make it more of a sauce.

This pairs exceptionally well with fresh sweet corn (when in season)

Pro Tip: Cooking Beef by the Numbers

Want to impress company by cooking a perfect steak, etc? then use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temp of the thickest spot of the cut of beef. the following temp scale will produce a nearly perfect temping every time -- unless your thermometer is off or the person requesting is incorrect as to what their assumption of "medium" is of course hehe!

110*F - Rare
120*F - Medium Rare
130*F - Medium
140*F - Medium Well
150*F - Well Done
160+ - blasphemy :x

That looks downright good. Looks like what they sell here as tritip, I have some flank from our Highland cows but it's about a quarter of an inch thick. I'm thinking of layering seasonings and rolling it up.

the ones i used were between ½ and 1¼" thick, i just cut them on a diagonal across the grain of the meat. thats why the cuts look so wide.

i do a variation of this recipe ever year for deer camp. This year i have a bottle of Brown Sugar Burbon rub i'm going to use as the dry rub for the marinade.

even my dad who's a fussy eater and doesnt usually like a lot of seasonings will tear this stuff up - after he gets over the grumpy of "i dont like that" when the guys remind him he tore it up the last couple years lol

its just like he doesnt like sour cream - wont touch mashed potatoes if he sees it go into them. but if he doesnt see it go into the pot he tears them up and always compliments my mom on how creamy and wonderful they are. Mom's response is always that she must have put a little extra milk/half&half in it.

Back