Tikka T3X CTR 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake Recommendations

Kendall Hadden

The subject line pretty much explains what I'm looking for. I just purchased a Tikka T3X CTR 6.5 Creedmoor S/S and I would like to add a muzzle brake. I've not done much research on muzzle brakes so i'm very new to what is offered. The one that keeps popping up is TT Terminator, but I'm sure there are more. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So why a muzzle break on a 6.5 CM? Just curious. The dust and noise from breaks are not my favorite by-product of breaks. I would put a suppressor on mine...And I am drooling on my keyboard, for a T3X, in 260 Rem.

The Terminators look like great breaks, if one must have one.

Squeeze

I bought one for my CTR from Muzzle Brakes and More. He's on 6mmBR. He builds them and has several sizes to choose from. They work good too!

If the brake is ported for prone shooting position, dust and debris should not be a problem. My smith made one for my 338wm, I told him I wanted no snow or dust,grass blasted up around me. It works great,shot a bull elk this fall laying behind my pack used for a rest. Needed a fast follow-up shot when the bull ran towards a steep hillside,second bullet entrance within 2 inches of first. Bull fell less then 50 yards from 1st shot.

My first choice would be a suppressor. However, the popular design now are self-timing brakes. The best I've seen is the Area 419 Hellfire because they also have suppressor adapters. It looks like you would only have to buy one brake and just purchase individual brake adapters for each rifle, rather than having to buy multiple brakes. Other good ones are the APA Little Bastard, Inside Arms Heathen, and PVA Mad Scientist. For regular brakes that need timing some are offered in 6.5 cal such as the Impact Precision which will be somewhat more effective than a .30 cal break. I also like the Precision Armament M11. Ross and Nathan at muzzlebrakesandmore.com make very good brakes for only $47 and also self-timing ones for $95. There are plenty of choices and they will all work well. It kind of comes down to what price and design you like.

Last edited:
Back