F1 Firearms lightweight billet match set?

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-billet-matched-receiver-set-5-56-black-prod86937.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=F-1+FIREARMS+LLC

Anyone here actually run one of these? I was thinking about using this setup with my night vision 6.8 to lighten it up.

Well I decided to give it a try, just to save some weight and after talking to a couple of 3 gun competitors that run this matched set, may as well do it.

I am just waiting for my free float to show up so I can get the upper together and see what the final weight is and how it balances out, hopefully in my favor.

I don't know if anyone has ran one of these Hperfire triggers and I had it sitting in the safe but it breaks clean and crisp just like my Timney! Highly recommend it!

not saying its true, HOWEVER

my friend is manager of a gun store and he told me its the exact same weight,

just saying maybe try it out first, looks could be deceiving,

again, im not saying hes right, ive never compared,

Originally Posted By: Ward H.not saying its true, HOWEVER

my friend is manager of a gun store and he told me its the exact same weight,

just saying maybe try it out first, looks could be deceiving,

again, im not saying hes right, ive never compared,

I do know if you are comparing a forged to a billet set that the billet set will weigh a little more. But hoping to see if all this trimming will cut off some ounces. I know I won't be saving pounds but should be saving ounces or probably I will not even feel the difference, lol...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chrs_28Good looking set! What handguard and barrel are you going with?

I am going try the Matrix Arms Victor 13.5 handguard and see if I will like it or not.

The barrel is from Bison Armory 18" 6.8 that I am thinking about getting cut down to 16". Have not made up my mind up yet and have not heard back from the gun smith about getting it cut.

Just picked up my barrel from the Smith, he cut 2 inches off and after putting everything back together, it balances out like a dream! With night vision she comes in at 8lbs! Extremely happy with the outcome. Hopefully get to try it out on Thursday to make sure she is still zero.

Back