I Want To Hear Some Voting Logic...

woodguru

Is that too much to ask for with some people? It shouldn't be. Everybody should have an opinion on this, it's just that some don't play very well in print.

So a state has districts that have large numbers of voters condensed in populated areas. It also has districts that are rural that have thousands versus hundreds of thousands of voters. The board of elections, who's job is to insure smooth voting logistics such as providing an adequate number of voting stations needed to serve the voters, takes an area already known to have lines that take to long to get through, and reduces days, hours, and even drops as many as 16 polling stations.

So given that it's easy to see which districts have had the number of polling stations dramatically reduced, not hard to figure out that they are the highest populations, and not hard to see that 82 other districts stayed the same regardless of the fact that they were adequately covered to where there were no lines...

...wouldn't it be safe to say that the election board had brought a certain target agenda to the table?

...wouldn't it also be safe to say that any defense for their actions would be rather lame?

If there is a defense, if there is a reason, if there is something that was done that somehow reduced voter fraud by making the lines so long that turnout was down by something like 90% or more, let's hear it. Some states have taken this way too far to where there isn't a court in the land that will support their actions, unless the court is just as corrupt. Conservative courts are striking down actions like this over and over and they are being taken as far as the supreme court.

I will take silence as the acknowledgment that this is blatantly indefensible. Yet there are those who don't think about it at all, yet they see nothing wrong with it if it comes up.

We talk about political ignorance yet there are people who don't have a clue what's right about issues like this. I don't care what side of the fence you sit on this is something that isn't right for anyone.

My polling station has 6 voting booths. They can set up a hundred in a place and move people through faster in larger population areas. Reducing them in lower population areas means people have to travel much farther without benefit of public transportation. I'm going to have to leave work and drive 30 miles to vote. Close that station and it doubles. I would have to vote absentee.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogVote Trump. Anything else is stupid. It's as simple as that.no further discussion required.

That says nothing about the topic of reduced stations, North Carolina was down 40% in republican early voters in the 18 districts that polling stations were reduced to where the lines took hours to get through. These tactics hurt both parties.

Unless of course it's seen as a minority populated district has less republican voters so the math works to lose more democrat votes, but nah, that couldn't be what's going on.

Anyway, the election board woke up and put the normal number of stations back in gear, record numbers in a single day as a result.

My point is that even the right should have a problem with this kind of election tampering, it serves no purpose but to suppress votes.

Our ballots have been sent to us the last few elections, we had moved once and I went to the polling station that was right down the road half a mile and turned in my ballot. That was the year I voted four times....just kidding.

When the Dumocrats give you limes, reach for the Tequila.

No voter ID, illegals allowed to vote, dead folks voting.
My Tequila will be a bus full of Alberta rednecks heading to Two Dot Montana to vote for the Donald.
thumbup.gif

I think hostorically, taken in isolation, we could survive a term of hillary.

given our current condition, after the 8 destructive years of obama, I don't think we can.

Woody, if you want to hear some voting logic, read the thread in this forum titled "This lady nails it".

Last edited:
When there is blatant contempt and disregard for The Supreme Law of The United States by voters and politicians alike, we end up with the current state of affairs that we see today in many places all around our once great country. It is still the best place on earth, but man are we catching up to a third world mentality a rapid pace.

I really don't want to have to deal with more SC justices who thing the constitution is unconstitutional, which is what hillary has been quite clear she intends to stick us with.

Back