savage model 11 feeding problems

i searched and search the internet to not find much, but there is a post on this forum that someone put coil springs into the magazine, i bought a savage model 11 (the told me it was an axis, win!) 2 years ago as since day one it had bad feeding problems with the 3,4,5 round. just curious if anyone knows how the coil spring goes into the magazine or if there is an ever better fix for it

I have a Savage 14 in a 204 and it also feed poorly. I bent the magazine lips out a little and it helped some. It is still not fool proof , but better then it was. You might want to try this or check out the savage shooters forum. Might be some advice there.

I fixed mine very easy. Mine would pick up the 1st, 2nd and sometimes the 3rd. The reason it wont grab the others is the plastic molded lip on the back that the mag essentially hangs on is not tall enough. You will be able to tell by opening you bolt and pushing down the back of the mag while in the gun. It will likely make the mag not flush with the bottom of the stock. Or load the mag and put slight upward pressure on the rear of the mag with your hand...it will likely feed all of them by doing that. Savage will put a new stock on it from what I understand but you have to send it to them. I took a sliver of the foam 3M automotive tape that holds on door molding and what not, and put it on the polymer lip on the stock. Now it holds the mag tighter and picks up all rounds. I have been meaning to send it in but don't want to be without it for that long and it has been working for over a year. I imagine you could pull the stock off and build that lip up with jb weld or something for a permanent fix. Let me know what you find out or if you need pictures.

I do not but I can try to get ya one tomorrow when I get home from work. If I don't get back to you by the evening, shoot me a pm and remind me.

18AFE083-7EE8-42C1-AB1B-303A06A5E628.jpg

Just an FYI for anybody having the issue that don't know what I was explaining. That is 3M tape on the rear of the mag well to hold the mag tighter and eliminate the issue. Also excuse the dirty rifle...it lives a pretty rough life when it never leaves the back seat of the truck.

Back