Kimber Hunter Rifle Reviews

tjfish

I tried searching the forum but didn't really turn anything up, so I hope this isn't a repeat. Does anyone have a Kimber Hunter? I'm looking for a review from an actual owner.
Thanks, Tim

The thing that scares me the most about the hunter is that it really can't be bedded properly. That means it's literally going to be hit or miss.

I've successfully bedded many synthetic stocks for folks and the accuracy gain was worth the effort. Granted, the Kimber Montana carbon fiber stocks are a huge plus, but the synthetic stock doesn't scare me and keeps the cost down.

The only one I've ever done I sat in a blasting cabinet to rough up the stock. It stuck great, looked good, and as far as I know it's still working, but no matter what... I still don't feel that you should try to make a silk purse from a sows ear.

I respect that you've probably bedded hundreds of rifles, just voicing my opinion.

Originally Posted By: CZ527The only one I've ever done I sat in a blasting cabinet to rough up the stock. It stuck great, looked good, and as far as I know it's still working, but no matter what... I still don't feel that you should try to make a silk purse from a sows ear.

I respect that you've probably bedded hundreds of rifles, just voicing my opinion.

I agree with all that you've stated and me being a Kimber fan I don't like that they've gone to threaded barrels and synthetic stocks. I realize they are just staying with the market, but they've made their name by offering a semi custom rifle at a very good price.
My advice to the OP is to buy one of the new Kimber Hunters. I've heard really good things from those who have and if you don't care for the synthetic stock you can order a carbon fiber Montana stock from them along with the trigger guard or one of their walnut stocks. The Hunter has is the same barreled action and trigger the Montana uses.

Back