Predator Hunting in Texas

joed

I have been thinking of booking a predator hunt in TX some time next year. Anyone have any info on what is the best season, what to avoid and what to look for?

Any info appreciated.

Depending on where you hunt in Texas, February and March can be quite windy, which is not good for calling. I've had good success in January and I think the weather is a bit more settled then.

Quote:Anyone have any info on what is the best season, what to avoid and what to look for?

Probably try to avoid deer season. I have found that most places are not open to predator calling day or night during deer season. A lot of guys particularly on leased ground don't want people "disturbing" their deer.

Usually too hot before deer season (which starts around October 1st most places) and by the time deer season is over (early January) you can get after it.

Now if you are going a guided route, they probably have access to places during the deer season.

There ain't no coyotes in Texas.
lol.gif

The summer months produce the most exciting stands. Nothing is more fun than watching decoy dogs do what they love to do! Some don't like hunting during that time of year, but the coyotes are sure aggressive towards the dogs! Also, Texas is so big that hunting in the Panhandle is not like hunting West Texas, North Texas, the Hill Country, East Texas or South Texas.

Back