Has anybody had any experience with the RRA Coyote upper..

JLJ223

Was wondering what they were like in general, accuracy, are they much lighter than the full bull uppers? it appears at first glance like they would be a nice option to the varmint uppers, basically what I am looking for is a accurate upper without having to go the varmint route and since I am a RRA fan these would be my first choice. Thanks

One of my friends has one, and it shoots great. It has held up to its 3/4 moa guarantee. It's not a real lightweight setup, but it is a nice balance between a bull barrel and a pencil barrel.

That's kind of what I was looking for, I know I will have some weight with it but if I could shave a little bit and still have the accuracy.

I actually prefer a littls weight to my calling rifles, and that seemed like it balanced well on a set of shooting sticks. And he had no problem laying the smack down on a coyote at 170 yards.

I agree 100% with kswaterfowl.

I have an older, Hogue overmolded hand guard, 20" Coyote Rifle upper. I love it. Shoots good groups (1/2" sometimes) with the cheap American Eagle 50grain varmint factory stuff. It's even better with some reloads. The weight is just right for my taste.

Here's a pic from one of it's best outings. Good day to have an AR.

I agree with kswaterfowl too a little heavier rifle is good for sticks and bipods IMO my buddy has an RRA upper and it shoots a lot of different loads very well

My son has a 20" coyote, and it shoots great. I have a 20" Predator Pursuit that shoots great and both guns shoot 55gr V-max's under the 3/4". Garentee that RRA has with our handloads. I think you will be happy with either one of these guns. Good Luck on your choice....

Thanks guys for the info, the more I look it doesn't appear that the PP barrels are actually varminters either, maybe slightly heavier than the coyote.

Have a RRA with a 18" fluted 1-8" upper, and it will do under 1/2" with the right loads. The right loads for me happen to only be flat base bullets (55gr Hornady spt & 60gr Hornady VMax) so far. I have tried many boat tails with various powders and loadings, and have yet to get them much under an inch. Now that weather is cooling down, I am going to again work on some loads with boattails. The good thing for now is that the best accuracy has come from the cheapest bullets, bulk 55gr sp.

I have basically the same uppers as what they call the Coyote upper one in 223wylde and one 243win.
Both are Rock River's they shoot great if they did not I would send them back.

I was able to handle a PP the other day and might have changed my mind, it's not really heavy or bulky at all, bought a RRA stripped lower while at the shop.

I've got the 20" PP and it felt great in the shop. After carrying it a mile through the mud it is a bit of a load. Wicked accurate, but not quite as light as the new one I put together for a totin gun.

I have a 16" Coyote Carbine with the Hogue overmolded handguard. With my Pulsar thermal and loaded 10 round mag, it weighs just under 10 lbs. Very accurate and likes 53, 55, and 60 gr v-max. It's quite a load for an old guy with all my other gear. I'm really thinking about their Mountain Rifle upper to try to lighten things up. I don't think accuracy would be a problem with any RRA barrel, or upper.

I had one several years ago and it was pretty sweet. Very accurate for a production rifle and cycled flawlessly. IMHO RRA is hard to beat if you don't want to build you're own. The one I had was a 20 incher so it wasn't real light b it plent manageable.

Back