.:WlD0W MAKER:.

Great write up once again! I think we too are going through a revolution of technology that may be just as world changing as the industrial one. Self driving cars, pilot less planes (drones) smart phones and what not. I imagine a kid born today will look back and think the same as you do about our times.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I always like to look at the flip side of things too.
[img:center]
1fcwy.jpg
[/img]

I like to look at the flip side of things first
sneaky2.gif
she has perfect markings/hour glass.

Originally Posted By: atdI think we too are going through a revolution of technology that may be just as world changing as the industrial one. Self driving cars, pilot less planes (drones) smart phones and what not. I imagine a kid born today will look back and think the same as you do about our times.

Just from when I was a kid. I asked my daughter what the Dewey Decimal system was, she did not know. Said they ask the librarian and she looks things up on a computer. Chalk boards are getting replaced with smart boards. Chalk and erasers along with card catalogues will eventually find their places in museums. Our advancement in knowledge has literally exploded in just the last 20 years. I'm sure computers will have a conscience in the not so distant future.

Advances in medicines, I'm sure will find cures for cancers and other complex illnesses. We could awaken into a whole new era where wellness is protected versus treatment of illness. Stethoscopes and syringes could find their spot in museums right next to the card catalog. Lest we reach global overpopulation, but there is always war to balance that. I can just imagine the advances we will make in killing our fellow man.

I'm sure a lot of advancements are more than I can comprehend now. Bet my grandchildren will understand...

Quote:Just from when I was a kid. I asked my daughter what the Dewey Decimal system was, she did not know. Said they ask the librarian and she looks things up on a computer. Chalk boards are getting replaced with smart boards. Chalk and erasers along with card catalogues will eventually find their places in museums. Our advancement in knowledge has literally exploded in just the last 20 years. I'm sure computers will have a conscience in the not so distant future.

One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

The previous generation never seems to understand the new generation, and the new doesn't understand the old. What is knew is unknown and the unknown is frightening and what is old is archaic and new direction will be sought. One generation always gives way to the next, and then grows old as the next generation takes power. Nature remains the same and so too does human nature.

Quote:Advances in medicines, I'm sure will find cures for cancers and other complex illnesses. We could awaken into a whole new era where wellness is protected versus treatment of illness. Stethoscopes and syringes could find their spot in museums right next to the card catalog. Lest we reach global overpopulation, but there is always war to balance that. I can just imagine the advances we will make in killing our fellow man.

All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

The means, the technology is new but history shows us that war will come around again. Man is never satisfied and incessantly toils to find "new" ways to do the same thing we've always done.

Quote:I'm sure a lot of advancements are more than I can comprehend now. Bet my grandchildren will understand...

There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

It seems we would remember. First there was oral tradition, then written word, and now you can read a blurb from Wikipedia about anything you want from a device you constantly carry in your pocket. What one generation learns, the next generation forgets, and the next has to learn it again, and then forget it again.

Man always finds a way to make widows.

I can't speak for anyone else but there's plenty of hot air where I work........may indeed be a steam engine nearby. thanks for the good read Jeremy.

Back