Quick bobcat question

mooretitan

Found a really good spot this weeekend. Question can the kittens survive on their own. Found a female with two kittens and another with one kitten. Just wondering if they can make it if I end up calling that spot soon
Thanks

I wouldnt shoot one with kittens. They may be able to make it but why chance it. Call the spot for fun but let them walk if one with kittens comes in. Just my opinion.

Take your camera with you next time. Pictures are a lot cheaper than taxidermy and last just as long.

Unfortunately, the only cat w/kittens I ever called, didn't have my camera.
cry.gif
Maybe one of these days.

Regards,
hm

Bobcat season opens Oct 15th in California and runs into Feb. Both the females I saw had really good colors and fur from what I could see. We watched them from a 200 yards for awhile with the binos. The kittens were I am guessing 1/2 to 3/4 size of the mom. Fun to watch play around. The reason for the question is if I come back and call the area during day or night I might not be able to see kittens with a mom.
I am guess the moms weighed between 15-20 pounds and the kittens in the 10 pound range looked like a regular house cat size

If the kittens you saw were about 10lb, I would think they are not really babies anymore at that size. Sounds like young cats that could live on their own.

I don't mind shooting them with the camera but if they are old enough to make it on there own I don't mind get to the 204 some work by taking out a nice female. Don't really want to shoot a small cat if I can help it. hopefully o can get sometime this week to make it out.

Shouldn't be an issue. That is why conservation sets the season dates that they do.....to make sure that any young of the year are old enough by the time season opens.

Back