what are they worth?

Northern plains and high altitude will be worth a lot more than southern coyotes. I have heard around 12-25$ is what I might expect for coyotes from western KS on the carcass. Montana pales a lot more than that. Like you said it will vary a lot.

Not much! Very blond ones or a very dark to almost black, slightly more. But the market is in the toilet for now. Regards, Drop

I had alot of coyotes fetch me over $150 last winter in the NAFA auction. Average for a western heavy was 102.70, top was $442.85. April 2016 Fur sale report.
Saskatchewan has some of the best fur in the world..I doubt you guys down south would see these prices.

Yep, it depends on what part of the country your in and how good the fur is. Last couple of years in Idaho most coyotes in the fur sales I went to were in the $15 - $30 range. Some of the best hit $50. These were well fleshed, stretched and dry. How they are put up can gain or loose you 50% of the price. Drop offs at the taxidermists and fur dealers in the round (not skinned) were little or nothing.

Originally Posted By: boscoFur market is in the sh----r.Dont expect it will get better any time soon.

I was getting around $100 for Idaho coyotes last year....

What sales Blueduck? Those prices are horrible...

I think some of you guys need to learn how to market and/or cut out the middle-man.

Last edited:
talked to my fur buyer last week and he said to expect to start at where the prices ended last season, and basically more of the same, as last year. I averaged $33. each in the round for the season with $40 high.
Coons not worth more than $4 and bobcats down again as they were last season.

Back