Deleted

Railed gas blocks are for mounting sights, not accessories.

Drill & tap your handguard if you want to hang gear, let your barrel float without a bobber like it should.

i mount to the scope using the adjustable sniper hog light mount pretty nice setup. keep a mount on each rifle scope and bounce same light between guns

I don't night hunt much and can only use a shotgun in MN, so I'll just be using a Night Eyes headlamp and probably one of my Streamlight TLR weapon lights with a red filter for additional light when they get close. I wouldn't be afraid to mount one of them on a railed gas block since they are small. All my handguards have rails on them though. Scope adapters, railed ring tops like on a PEPR, or rails on the handguard are the easiest ways.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yotehunter243I have Burris perp mounts with the picatinny ring caps and mount mine in my scope. Keeps the weight more centered Originally Posted By: VarminterrorRailed gas blocks are for mounting sights, not accessories.

Drill & tap your handguard if you want to hang gear, let your barrel float without a bobber like it should. Originally Posted By: danthefoxmani mount to the scope using the adjustable sniper hog light mount pretty nice setup. keep a mount on each rifle scope and bounce same light between guns Originally Posted By: roky0702I don't night hunt much and can only use a shotgun in MN, so I'll just be using a Night Eyes headlamp and probably one of my Streamlight TLR weapon lights with a red filter for additional light when they get close. I wouldn't be afraid to mount one of them on a railed gas block since they are small. All my handguards have rails on them though. Scope adapters, railed ring tops like on a PEPR, or rails on the handguard are the easiest ways. Originally Posted By: steve garrettjust take a cheap weaver ring and a fenix flash light, the tail cap is easy to put on and it works just find.

Have any of you seen people running iron sights off the tops of their scopes like this?
GW-1308-PGT-24.jpg

I've used pretty much every type of "combo sight" option on the market (top riding red, top riding irons, side mount red, side irons, optics with built in irons, flip magnifiers, QD mounts & flip sights, etc). Angled mounts are FAR superior to scope-riding mounts. I put my Magpuls on top of my PEPR for a week, tried it a few times, and confirmed it's a terrible idea. Red dots on top can work, marginally, but irons up top are plain dumb. You have no cheek weld to be able to align the sights quickly, and your sight radius is shorter than a pistol! It's slow and imprecise. Irons hung on the side with 45degree mounts can work, red dots are better since your eye position and cheek weld are slightly compromised, but irons on top are a no go.

That picture doesn't make sense to me. Guy has a ton of money sunk into that rig, but he's foolish enough to put the irons on top, instead of realizing he's just as fast and would be more accurate to put the irons on the rails and make use of the Quick Detach feature of the mount he bought to swap between them. Mall ninja schitt right there in my book.

Best option for a no-drill dual sight system is an angled mount red dot on the far side of your scope (port side for righty), second best is angled irons mounted on receiver and hand guard. Top riding irons is the worst option - period.

It's an aluminum tube, it's really ok if you D&T to add rails, whether it's for sights or lights.

Two suggestions in a row for bad ideas (gas block mounted light and scope mounted irons) is starting to seem more like troll behavior than honest questions...

Last edited:
BUIS or a red dot on 45 degree offset mounts are the fastest, most comfortable option. Iron sights on top of the scope rings is retarded considering you hardly have any distance between the sights. You might as well only have a rear sight and blindly shoot at anything you see through it.

A small pistol light on the gas block of a hunting rifle is not a horrible idea. They weigh a few ounces and one or two shots will not melt an aluminum light. Clearly drilling and tapping the handguard is the best option though.

That picture doesn't make sense to me. Guy has a ton of money sunk into that rig, but he's foolish enough to put the irons on top, instead of realizing he's just as fast and would be more accurate to put the irons on the rails and make use of the Quick Detach feature of the mount he bought to swap between them. Mall ninja schitt right there in my book.

NAA, it's tacticool!! Seal tm7 operator the fore end has 3 lights, laser designator, long supressor, and short range suppressor

Last edited:
that's the fun thing about these guns, you can rig them up just about any way you care to try & see if it works for you or not.

Back