Sig Sauer Kilo 2000 or Bushnell Conx 1 mile Opinions

shelton573

Anyone have any experience ranging something like 2'x2' steel plates out to 1200-1500? Also, any realistic experience ranging coyotes at any longer distance? I have a hard time believing any reviews on amazon or anything like that. The biggest complaint I see is the reticle is too big...anyone have an issue with that?

I am curious about the same info on the bushnell as well. If you have both or have handled both, which do you prefer? Any info is much appreciated!

With my Sig I have ranged telephone poles at 1300-1400 so I am sure a 2'x2' plate should not be a problem.

Get the Kilo 2000, you won't regret it. SWFA has them on sale for $350 which I've heard is around the same or $10 cheaper than dealer/LEO pricing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coleridgeMy sig must be sick... Won't touch any of those claims (except the billboard size stuff)

I must have had a sick one too.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: coleridgeMy sig must be sick... Won't touch any of those claims (except the billboard size stuff)

I have witnessed lemons coming out of the bunch.

However, getting a small rock at 2K is nearly an impossibility. The ground around the rock, sure...but that individual rock with about a 100" wide beam at that distance...?

I like the Sig but I cannot hit a 24 steel inch plate at 1 Mile at all . I found hitting a vehicle license plate is easy at that distance though so reflective objects out to 2000 might work fine but trees and bushes animals etc it gets tough much past 1000 or so in bright sun.

Oh and I would wait for the Sig 2400 to arrive too. When it hits there will be a ton of used Sig 2000's for sale. Also why you are seeing sales on the 2000 right now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: venaticI like the Sig but I cannot hit a 24 steel inch plate at 1 Mile at all . I found hitting a vehicle license plate is easy at that distance though so reflective objects out to 2000 might work fine but trees and bushes animals etc it gets tough much past 1000 or so in bright sun.

Oh and I would wait for the Sig 2400 to arrive too. When it hits there will be a ton of used Sig 2000's for sale. Also why you are seeing sales on the 2000 right now.

Any idea when that will be?

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: coleridgeMy sig must be sick... Won't touch any of those claims (except the billboard size stuff)

and your suggestion?

Will they warranty "mine isn't as good as some people on the internet say theirs are"?

Not trying to be snide, honestly asking how those "lemons" where handled...

A buddy bought one from same place I did around the same time (likely produced together) and we both have concluded the same. Pretty automatic inside 700 yards but after 800 yards it better be bigger or a lot more reflective than a deer. Houses, barns, billboards yeah it works way out, but that doesn't help any where your actually shooting (we generally shoot away from houses, barns, billboards etc)... Not sure if ours are lemons but definitely weak of some guys talk.

Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: coleridgeMy sig must be sick... Won't touch any of those claims (except the billboard size stuff)

and your suggestion?

Will they warranty "mine isn't as good as some people on the internet say theirs are"?

Not trying to be snide, honestly asking how those "lemons" where handled...

A buddy bought one from same place I did around the same time (likely produced together) and we both have concluded the same. Pretty automatic inside 700 yards but after 800 yards it better be bigger or a lot more reflective than a deer. Houses, barns, billboards yeah it works way out, but that doesn't help any where your actually shooting (we generally shoot away from houses, barns, billboards etc)... Not sure if ours are lemons but definitely weak of some guys talk.

I can only tell you what I have seen first hand. I can regularly get cows at 1400. Deer at 1k is usually pretty easy...sometimes I do need something to stabilize from, but I haven't found it difficult. Easier, IME, than the Leica 1600B I had.

As for their warranty, I have seen them get sent in and new units returned promptly. I have not sent in anything personally, just have seen it done for customers.

Originally Posted By: Smokin BarrelOriginally Posted By: pahntr760I have ranged deer at 1k. Cows easily at 1400. A billboard at 3034...get the Sig.

Free hand?

Typically, I can get the cows at that distance. Deer can prove difficult. Put prone on my elbows, or standing and leaning against something is all the stability I need to get those numbers. JME

And if anyone is still looking for a Sig Kilo 2000 Cabel's has them on sale for $379.99 in their most recent sales flyer.

Back