Anyone have any have suggestions for a hard case for my rifle?

JackRabbit01

Anyone have any have suggestions for a hard case for my rifle?

My budget is about $100-$150. I’m looking for something that I can leave locked up at home, not have to worry about my gear getting damaged by the rain, dirt, snow, etc. and occasionally fly with.

I was thinking of getting something from SKB, Plano, BOYT or Pelican.

i own several of the Plano all weather series. they have pluck foam insides and come in various lengths. very happy with them and never worry about my guns getting banged up when in them.

i lucked out a few years back and found the 36" models on a black friday deal at walmart for stupid cheap. so i bought a stack of them and gave one away as a gift to my cousin
smile.gif

Be very careful "leave locked up at home"
Any moisture at all in the foam and rust will set in ---
Pelican is top shelf ---but heavy --
Thx

Pelican......but I never leave my rifles in them. That's what gun safes are for. Hope you find what your looking for. Regards, Drop

I have two, two rifle cases from SKB that I got at an estate sale. They are excellent hardside cases but they are heavy. They generally retail for around $200. Their single rifle cases are in your budget. Airline approved and well padded inside.

Originally Posted By: JOKERBe very careful "leave locked up at home"
Any moisture at all in the foam and rust will set in ---
Pelican is top shelf ---but heavy --
Thx What JOKER said. Don't leave any firearms locked in any case for extended periods of time.It will draw moisture and rust your firearms. I like Pelican cases but they are heavy.

Plus one for Plano cases. I always keep my guns in one of those silicon socks as well. I don't store my guns in those kind of cases they are literally for travel( to the range or hunting).

I would like to get one of the cheaper Plano cases but a shorter version. One that would fit just the barreled action, so I could send items to a gunsmith and not be so noticeable as a rifle case.

Back