Public hunting opportunities?

Jmo

I love to travel and predator hunt. I was looking for some public hunting opportunities looking for suggestions!

Texas! They have everything! And it's bigger! Lol, but would contact someone, or do a little research before. They have a lot of private land. Regards, Drop

I here different opinions on Texas. I here a lot of people say there isn't much public land there. I will have to check it out though.

The western states is where the majority of public lands are. I think feral hogs have a harder time getting established on public land because hunters have easier access. Places that limit hunter access, such as wilderness areas, is where feral hogs are more likely to get established on public lands. In AZ, feral hogs are sparse and the wilderness areas that have them do not have much of a huntable population.

My recommendation for those who like to travel and hunt predators is to attend a Predator Masters Convention. Looks like the next convention will be in Elko, NV in Sept 2017. It is a great opportunity to meet predator hunters from all over the USA and find new places to hunt and explore.

+1 on the Pm Hunt and Convention. It is a great way to get acquainted with new folks and make a foray into parts unknown.

There are so many tools out there now to help you navigate new places, computers, GPS chips and maps you can find public land in most of the states that even the locals don't know is public.

Last edited:
Not an organized hunt or contest hunt. Just a bunch of predator hunters teaming up spending days hunting and nights at the convention meeting the big names in the sport and learning some skills to improve their game.

Back