Vermont hunter looking for coyotes

ejipner

Hey I'm just wondering if there is anyone else on here from Vermont who has a good spot for coyotes come winter. I'm in Bristol.

Hunt the farms, don't waist your time in the woods and WMA areas, go and see some farmers and ask them to hunt their coyotes, the coyotes are always not far from the barn yard.
Plus if you kill a few of their coyotes, the farmers are more likely to let you hunt deer and turkeys..

Thanks I will do that, but I was more or less looking for an area that is loaded with coyotes. I have been in a couple spots over the last couple winters and I haven't seen as many as I was hoping.

The #1 thing predator hunters will not share, are their hunting spots ! Most find them hard to come by. Sometimes it takes many many hours afield to finally locate them. So put in your leg work & happy hunting !

You might look at : onX HUNT or something similar for GPS mapping. It costs me $30 bucks a year but well worth it giving me property lines, owners names & more.

I gave you the hot spots that are loaded with coyotes, farms!!!

Sounds to me that you should start learning about the eastern coyote.

If you want to kill coyotes with constancy, learn about them and what motivates them..

quote" I have been in a couple spots over the last couple winters and I haven't seen as many as I was hoping."

You don't need to see them until you can put them in front of your gun! Do you think they are all going trot out for a parade run so you can count them?? Of course not!

You could have different family groups vying for control of the same farm, you can use that to your advantage.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise. What I mean is the couple farms I have been hunting have not been as plentiful as I was hoping. I am looking to see if anyone who lives in Vermont or has experience hunting in Vermont can point me in the right direction. What town or county is bountiful. I understand not sharing hunting locations. I won't share my hunting locations but if someone wanted to know a good spot for deer hunting I would send them to Huntington or starksbourgh. I hunt both and I will not share more then that. Vermont is loaded with farms and coyotes aren't as plentiful as you would think in some areas.

I don't expect them to run out in parade fashion. I have put time in and used different calls and I just haven't been bringing in as many as I was hoping. I'm obviously not just out nature walking with no gun. When I say I haven't seen many I mean there aren't as many in the area as I was hoping and I am looking for a new county or town to go to.

So let me try this again. I am asking if there are any Vermonters (or people who have had good luck hunting coyote in Vermont) on here that can point me in the right direction for coyote hunting this winter.

Last edited:
Would guess there are a lot of farms closer to Lake Champlain. Looks like you are in the middle of the state, so if you want to drive, I hear coyotes howling almost every night when I'm at our camp in Barnet on Harvey Lake. There are several big farms there, owned by members of the Roy family, bordered by Roy Mtn WMA. Should be easy to get permission. Lots of farms in Rygate also. That's all I can offer, but Baystate hit the nail on the head.

Back