New AR owner.

mnmike

If I would have looked into how accurate these AR's could be I would have owned 1 years ago. I bought a RRA predator pursuit with a 20" barrel. And I was very very surprised with the accuracy. If I knew how to post pictures I would show the groups.

Last edited:
I have the same AR. very accurate,,, dont hesitate to try the 50 gr vmax's through it,, you'll like the results. Any name brand factory 50 gr vmax ammo ive tried has done very well.

My 20" PP also has been impressive on the range and in the field. I bought a Rock River 18" R-3 in July and haven't had time to get my Leupold 3-9x40 mil-dot Mark AR scope on it yet. I am expecting more tight groups from this gun since it is the same 1-8" twist that my PP is. I always recommend Rock River to anyone looking for an AR. Good Shooting,----Riflemann

Originally Posted By: mnmikeIf I would have looked into how accurate these AR's could be I would have owned 1 years ago. I bought a RRA predator pursuit with a 20" barrel. And I was very very surprised with the accuracy. If I knew how to post pictures I would show the groups.

i said the same thing after i got my first ar and started reloading shortly after.

like you, what i was reading about capabilities vs what i "knew" about ar's wasnt matching up.

i finally bit the bullet, took a bone stock bushmaster topped with a bushnell banner and shot one of the best groups of my life. Not that it shot poorly with factory ammo... but... wow

needless to say i was hooked on both almost immediately & it ruined me to shooting my sps varmint 223 for good. LOL

i grew up listening to the garbage about how awful ar's are, regarding accuracy. semi auto's cant do this, semi auto's cant do that. there were a few in my extended shooting group and i'd shot them before, but only iron sight carbines with surplus or steel case blaster ammo. they seemed fun, but nothing to write home about otherwise. about on par with a $100 com block SKS or AK would do with - you guessed it, steel case / surplus ammo.

welcome to the club, but watch out - doing ever build your own, it quickly becomes a sickness
thumbup1.gif

if you want to post pics, setup a photobucket account and upload them there.

there's a section to the right of each pic with the code necessary to post to forums with just a quick copy/paste

this is a gif tutorial of how to find it

friendly tip - make everything "private" in the security settings. any album you leave public is searchable in from the site by any member. so just do them all and be done with it. sadly like anywhere else, there are trolls who will go around searching for and flagging hunting pics and whatnot as inappropriate and such and your stuff may end up deleted from your account once it is.

so ya. get an account, lock the privacy down, and go at it
smile.gif

there is of course an app that you can directly upload from your smartphone too.

hth

Like you, I was late to the party. I bought a Prairie Panther by DPMS and can't get over how well it shoots. I carried a bolt gun all summer shooting ghogs but just this past week I took it instead. I had kills from 160-481 yards. With 50 gr vmax @ 3400 I came up 8.75 moa from a 100yd zero on a 12 power Nikon, I got prone, squeezed trigger, dead ghog 481yds. I never thought these AR's would like they do. Live and learn.

Back