Decisions, decisions... Smith and Wesson sport2 or DPMS Orical

243savageaxis

I've decided to get myself my first AR. Now I've narrowed it down to two choices... The Smith and Wesson sport 2 or the DPMS Orical. The only difference is the sport 2 come with irons but the orical doesn't. But with the Orical I can put flip up sights on the front and back (like I want) and the Orical is 75-100 bucks cheaper than the sport 2. I was just wondering what your guys experience with either of these AR. And in your opinion what AR would you choose. Thank you in afvance.

DPMS. Better barrel more likely than not, and better historical politics than S&W. Cheaper price gets eaten up by cost of sights, so everything else is equal except politics and barrels.

You should look into the Ruger AR 556. Beats both of those hands down in my opinion and the price is about the same.

Last edited:
I bought a DPMS oracle mid summer $530.00 out the door not bad , BUT the trigger was terrible so added a drop in timney , accuracy was so so , added low profile gas block yankee hill free float forend . now after tons of load development and several hundred dollars more i have a sub MOA rifle , was it the way to go , dont know its the way i went.

Last edited:
might want to check but I think the dpms requires a special height front sight. colt m4 expanse might be another option

Back